Sounds fishy

Drifz1

May 24, 2010
mayo,ireland
selling a yfz, got a text saying "the quad you list for sale on donedeal,what's your selling price ?email me back here
duffytony16@yahoo.ie
tony" so i emailed him with the price and he replied"Thanks for getting back to me i have check the listing and am okay with it so I'm satisfied with the Price.i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work,visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want this to be a surprise for friend so i wont let him know anything about it until it gets delivered to him .And i will take care of the Shipment myself because i have a shipping agent that do pick up for me,I will be paying you through PayPal which is a fast, safe and reliable method of payment. .If you don't have a paypal account just logon to www.paypal.com and setup your paypal account, after setting up your paypal account you locate the request money button located at the top of your paypal account home page, use it to request money directly from my paypal account which is duffytony16@yahoo.ie once I receive your money request from paypal, I will submit payment to you immediately via paypal asap and when sending the payment request i want you to include what you are selling there so that i can know its you."

sounds like someones trying to scam me lol . heres the add for the yfz YFZ450**MX SPEC** just rebuilt for sale in Mayo : €2,750 - DoneDeal.ie

Get it all the time over here in England pal. I email back with 'no thanks scammer' and you usually don't get a reply! I got one with by x5 I was selling not long back

exactly same scam i received from 3 different people when selling the ninja250 my girl had won
but they have switched up here, they think if they reply as a woman we'd have an easier time believing them, aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaaaa

SCAM !!!!!!!

If, and I say if, this guy is genuine, and you have a paypal account, all the guy has to do is to transfer money to your account using your email address.

If, and I say if, this guy is genuine, and you have a paypal account, all the guy has to do is to transfer money to your account using your email address.

/\/\ thats why you use a different email just for your paypal accnt.
the scam is they report they never recieved the item, then paypal refunds them the money, and you're out of both

bear in mind marine engineers earn ALOT of money, so if he really is one, its very likely that he could be buying it for a friend. sounds strange but i kbew a guy who was a marine engineer, he earned so much, and couldnt spend it, (what you going to buy on a ship?) accomodation is free, food is free. When he came back for his 3 month breaks, he would just buy a house one time, next time he bought a grizzly and a raptor, next he got a jetski, next a merc SLK and everytime we went to visit him, he would would splash out and buy food like it was going out of fashion.

point is, these guys dont have a chance to spend their cash, so its very likely he would be buying this for a friend.

BUT, be careful, it could still be a story

any reply written that you must pay and then they have someone who will pick it up is always a scam! I got probably 5 of the same type of replies when i sold my blaster.

duffytony16@yahoo.ie ...................................here is another one from this duffytony guy...

" Thanks for getting back to me i have check the listing and am okay with it
so I'm satisfied with the Price.i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine
engineer and due to the nature of my work,visiting of website are
restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an
email regarding it. I really want this to be a surprise for friend so i
wont let him know anything about it until it gets delivered to him .And i
will take care of the Shipment myself because i have a shipping agent that
do pick up for me,I will be paying you through PayPal which is a fast, safe
and reliable method of payment. .If you don't have a paypal account just
logon to www.paypal.com and setup your paypal account, after setting up
your paypal account you locate the request money button located at the top
of your paypal account home page, use it to request money directly from my
paypal account which is duffytony16@yahoo.ie once I receive your money
request from paypal, I will submit payment to you immediately via paypal
asap and when sending the payment request i want you to include what you
are selling there so that i can know its you.
Thanks
Tony Duffy "
So I CHECKED WITH PAYPAL , IF I WENT AHEAD WITH THIS , BECAUSE ITS HIS SHIPPER , I have no tracking number , i would then not be covered with paypal, he would be in the stronger position , only if it was tru EBAY IT IS SAFE TO USE PAYPAL - UNLESS YOU KNOW THE GUY.

Regards.
MRM

I've seen plenty of these scams before I had a guy in the marine corp ask is he could buy my kx in full which no one does without haggleing. Say's he was gonna have his dad pick it up for him. I told him to give me his number that I can reach at any time of day and if he picks up to be in cash only no checks or shipping cause it's "Expencive" thats how you get em to put more of themselves out there, if they want it badly enough. Or deal with any other tomfoolerly. He never got back to me go figure.
But generally I deal with people that are within 2 hrs of driving distance. Have the aggread apon amount of money/trade. Also have a phone # and email that I know I can get ahold of them. If say I get held up in traffic or my trailer has a flat tire. You know you give them a courtesy call so neather one of you gets spooked for unnecceasarry reasons.