So, What oil are you guys using?

Are r50 and supertechniplate pretty much the same stuff?

Super TechniPlate®
Super TechniPlate®
Pure synthetic bases are blended with 20% BeNOL® Racing Castor Oil. Provides engines the Clean Burn™ quality of Klotz® synthetic lubricants along with the exceptional film strength of castor oil. Degummed castor oil reduces ring groove deposits and protects engines in high RPM and extreme heat applications. Blends with methanol alcohol and gasoline.

R 50® TechniPlat
R 50®
TechniPlate®
R 50® TechniPlate®
R 50® synthetic lubricant was developed exclusively for use in Hi-RPM racing engines. TechniPlate® R® racing lubricity system protects engines from extreme heat and virtually eliminates engine wear. R 50® film strength is comparable to castor oil, but has the benefits of Clean Burn™ technology. Not alcohol compatible

My friend used that stuff in his Blaster....It blew up 2 days later....

I ran castrol 2t for 20-25 tanks then switched to lucas for 10 tanks and found it runs much cleaner with same jetting then i sank my kdx in a wallerd out mud hole, cases filled up with mud so I rebuilt the motor piston looked great but had about 50 hrs on it so I replaced it alone with the crank bearings and seals

well I've been running lucas in my kdx200 for approx 6 tanks since rebuild and it does great also they sponsor some supercross events and have been in the sport a long time
the price iss reasonable ( i think its foolish to spend $14 a quart)

sounds more like your friends blaster was going to sh*t the bed regardless.;)

so what is wrong with using yamalube? just curious... That is all that has ever been in our bikes since 89, and they have been great. Mine ran 7 years hard with no issues (in stock form) until rolled into a mudhole. My dads bigbear is still running great since 89' with nothing but yamalube...