So my friends sh*t got jacked last night

Cochise

May 22, 2007
Tyrone, PA
www.myspace.com
And recovered today. About 11:30 AM EDT I get a phone call "Dude, my quad was stolen last night, can you help me find it?" So I'm like ah hell. This could end so hirrbly it isnt even funny. Well today, after I got home from taking my g/f to her place of employment, I went for a little ride. Didnt find anything. Morale wains. Well after doing a pool liner (easiest cash ever!) I decide I'm gonna go for a walk. Luckily, being the good mechanic I am, I remember all the details, like the tread pattern on the rear tires of my friends 300EX (quad in question). I found fresh tracks, not super fresh, but MAYBE 10mins. old. The thieves were about 10mins. ahead of me on this deal. After meandering around my usual stomping grounds which consist of the oh so awesome undergrowth and service roads for rail-road tracks, I come across some freshly bent vegetation. "Hmm..." I say quietly to myself. I found a nifty, fairly well covered (but not enough for me to miss it) trail going in to a thicket. Well after following said trail, and noticed a rotted, yet freshly crushed log, that lead to the basin of a big ol' mud puddle (which was empty, but still muddy) I see what appear to be footprints pressed on the ground in such a manner as a struggle to push something, as I turn to walk away a little glint of white catches my eye from a bush. VOILA!!! Theres the f*ckin quad! Pushed under/into a smaller, denser thicket then covered with CUT (not broken or ripped out) brush.

Reactions: Street2uned
As I feverishly pull the brush away to find a still intact quad, I phone my friend who was with me, I signal him to my 20 (position) by yelling. We ripped the quad out of the thicket it was pushed into, the hulked it out of the weeds onto the service road, after no avail to get it to start, and running like idiots while pushing the quad, I FINALLY got it to fire, no sooner than I do that, the owner (whom I also phoned) shows up to see the hero of the day, and his beloved ATV, still intact, still running.

Needless to say the ignition switch is MIA, and the tank shroud, hood thing on 250X's and 300EX's is broke where we had the key relocated to. Luckily these are minor details to the horror I could've uncovered, like a trashed, pretty much useless quad. It still ran, but was acting as if it had been rolled, which later came to be the case (slight abrasions on the brake master cylinder and hand guard) Otherwise it runs, actually better than it did before now (surprisingly enough). So now it sits in my garage with its friends the KFX and the Blasty, locked up tighter than German pussy.

WOW........... he was lucky. Id keep an eye on that spot for a while, if they covered it up like that, that good there comming back for it....soon...lol Id have some fun with that.....lol

I REALLLLLLY wanted to hang out in "the cave" the quad was in, and wait for them to come back for it. But I had prior engagements, sucks too. I wanna whoop some thief ass!

My Heart Starting beating up until the point where you described the foot prints in the mud like someone was pushing ... ha ha Good Good to hear you recovered it man! Nice work indeed and a Awsome friend!

Thats a Very good true story indeed! Wowy! ... I wish I was around I would of camped there until they showed up for ya! Just to kick a Quad theifs a@s~ :p