Snyder Motor Sports +5, +1 A-arms

kpnone

Feb 10, 2011
Alaska
I'm leaning towards putting some SMS +5, +1 A-arms on my Son's Blaster. Just looking for your input. The guys at SMS say the A-arms are set up for a 16" shock. I asked if a YFZ 450 (16.5") would work. They say they would work, but their A-arms were designed around Elka Shocks.

I found a set of PEP ZPS rezzies for sale, I think they're a little steep at $800 for used shocks though.

My Son is a motocrosser, about 90lbs and rides about as hard as a 90 lb'er can. Anyone run this setup? What shocks? Any other help would be appreciated. (maybe someone has this setup who is willing to part with it?...)

Thanks,
KP

Yeah, I know the picture is ice racing, motocross is our real focus, different setup of course.

i was going to use a set of 16.75 inch elkas from a YFZ with these arms, you would actually pull 12.1 inches of travel with the extra half inch of shock length

they claim 11.4 with the 16 inch elkas so hell, ill take another almost 3/4 of an inch of travel

I'm leaning towards putting some SMS +5, +1 A-arms on my Son's Blaster. Just looking for your input. The guys at SMS say the A-arms are set up for a 16" shock. I asked if a YFZ 450 (16.5") would work. They say they would work, but their A-arms were designed around Elka Shocks.

I found a set of PEP ZPS rezzies for sale, I think they're a little steep at $800 for used shocks though.

My Son is a motocrosser, about 90lbs and rides about as hard as a 90 lb'er can. Anyone run this setup? What shocks? Any other help would be appreciated. (maybe someone has this setup who is willing to part with it?...)

Thanks,
KP

Yeah, I know the picture is ice racing, motocross is our real focus, different setup of course.

fyi i think u need 4/1 offset rims to be ama legal plus will help bump steer

i have a set but did not install them yet

Thanks for the input. I bought a set from revin-it02 (thanks bro). Haven't figured out the shock part of the equation yet, but I have a YFZ450 in the shop that's a little less busted up than I am with a set of i-shocks that I may use. I'll let you all know how it works. I passed on the PEPs, seems people want new prices for used (raced) equipment. I can't wait to see my Son rippin it on his new A-arms.

Why would I need 4/1 offset to be AMA legal?

KP

with 4:1 offset rims, you will be at 49.6 inches wide... just enough to slide your way through the gates