Snowmobile shocks

069onthez

Mar 12, 2009
Ohio
Last edited by a moderator:
ya some guy from a atv shop told me i could put snowmobile shocks on he said that there way better that a atv shock.he said because a snowmobile has the motor in the front not like the atvs.he also said they would be stiffer i would amagen.jumps he said you would really know the difference like better air i thought that would be crazy lol glad to help.

yea i was going to put fox shocks on mine off a zr 600 snow pro but then i was being told they would be stiff, and im only 150 pounds so i was looking for something softer so i jumped on my progressivs

your on to something...the rebuildable ones can be shortened and revalved, the prices are cheap. they may be stiffer but atv arms are longer and inboard upper mounting locations are closer together giving a greater leverage ratio on the shock so they will be softer than on the sled

I had a Tecate 3 that had a blown shock beyond repair. This was before the days of ebay and the dealer wanted something like $900 for a stock replacement. So my suspension guy got me a brand new fox shock for a sled and revalved it for me. Total cost was something like $250 and it worked extremely well.