Smokes Terribly after rebuild

01blaster

Feb 7, 2008
I got this blaster in horrible condition and am in the process of rebuilding it. i just got it bored and running and it smokes so bad and is burning all the gear oil. it gets so much oil in it it bogs down and fowls the plug and is shooting out my exhuast

you got either a crank seal or the seal between the cases leaking...how did you seal the case halves together? did you use yamabond, threebond, or hondabond? hopefully you didnt use RTV. RTV will not hold up to the crankcase pressures involved. Easy way to tell if your crank seal is blown is to unscrew the clutch case oil filler plug (oil drained out) and see if your motor revs out crazy fast, be prepared though to shut down the motor as this is nothing more than leaning out your engine due to you sucking air from in front of the carb and could cause a good motor to go bad really fast!! Good luck and hope this helps!!

on the inner clutch basket if i snapped on of the parts that stick out that the spring bolts into do you think that will drastically affect my clutch adjustment

you should be able to back it out using an easy out or similar tool then just find a new bolt!!

^ i dont think thats what he is talking about, in the innner hub there are cast posts that are part of the hub and have the threaded holes that the clutch spring bolts thread into, thats what broke i believe

just run a very small drill bit into the bold about halfway then flip the drill to reverse and it should unscrew. this happened to me too and it works