Slow blaster

Rob T

May 15, 2017
A couple days ago i bought a blaster from a man that said there were no problems with the blaster what so ever... well yesterday my brother and i went out riding our blasters (he has one to) and i thought mine was pretty fast. But when i got on my brothers and drove his blaster his was way faster for some reason. Does anybody know what the problem could be, as far as i can see and know there is nothing wrong with my blaster. Everything seems to be in pretty good shape

It could be gearing tires size condition of the cylinder Jetting air box lid being off pipe list goes on. Need more information on your bike. and your brothers bike. THAT NOT A GOOD FEELING GETTING BEAT BY A BROTHER.

It could be gearing tires size condition of the cylinder Jetting air box lid being off pipe list goes on. Need more information on your bike. and your brothers bike. THAT NOT A GOOD FEELING GETTING BEAT BY A BROTHER.
I am going to be honest my brother and i dont know very much about bikes or 4 wheelers we really just know how to ride and do beginner maintenance such as changing oil and stuff like that. I would usually go to a professional if i had a major problem. Lol, NO IT IS NOT

If both bike are stock then it goes back to condition of chain bearing and jetting and maintenance of the bikes.
Do you have a service manual to look at?

If both bike are stock then it goes back to condition of chain bearing and jetting and maintenance of the bikes.
Do you have a service manual to look at?
No i dont have a manual, will all of what u stated be easy to fix or change... if its fairly easy im thinking of just either changing or fixing all of what you stated do you think this will work?

Download service manual and parts catalog.
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...ervice-and-owner-manuals-free-download.17325/

Find out what sprockets you are running and what your brother has. Should say the number of teeth on the sprocket Or just count them. Should look like this:
$_57.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

Also the rear tyre size check your tyre size and your brothers. This info is on the side of the tyre.
ATV_Tire_Size_RS.jpeg

Give us that info and it will help.

Last edited:
Reactions: best
Before you blow it up, learn all you can about what these guys are telling you and about the 2 stroke motors in general. You really do need to do a leak test and learn to jet it correctly by learning about "plug chop".

Jetting alone can make all the difference between a rocket and a slug.

Reactions: Blaaster
Before you make the plug chop run it is important that the float level is
correct, the idle is set correctly and there are no air leaks in the system,
otherwise the smoke ring may lie about the AFR.
WHEN ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE CORRECT PROCEED WITH THE FOLLOWING.
Warm up motor to operating temp.
Fit new maker specified plug, ride WOT through the gears and hold WOT in
5th or 6th gear for 10 seconds, or as long as you can safely.
Switch off the motor and pull in the clutch, apply brakes to come to a stop
quickly.
Take the plug out and replace the old one for the ride home.
Carefully cut the threaded end off the plug to expose the insulator.
There should be a smoke ring of a cardboard or biscuit colour around the
insulator.
If it is non existant or a very light colour, you are lean and require a larger
main jet.
If it is a lot darker you are rich and may go down a size in main.
I prefer to run a little on the darker side, I may loose a little power but it is
worth it for the peace of mind that I won't need a rebuild so soon.
You have to get up a reasonable speed so that you can get the motor to pull
strongly.
Then hold it Wide Open Throttle (WOT) for 10 secs or as long as you can.
The idea is not to get speed but to make it pull strong at full throttle to get
onto the main jet circuit.
I find I can safely do it on a short run by applying the brakes some.
If you have not enough room you can use 4th or 5th gear with good results.