Showing some love to the BF Family

Durby

Supporting Member
Forum Supporter
Nov 16, 2012
Oroville, CA
Hello everyone. It has been almost 2 months since my last post. I just wanted to give an update and say Hello. It has been an interesting few months for me and very busy too. around the 22.5 month mark I was contacted by a guy named Mark. He was in town for work as he is a traveling mechanic and he apparently saw me in town somewhere and decided he would like to take me on a date. He was able to find a way of contacting me and at first I was hesitant and very scared because it had not been that long since Michael passed away. However, after he was persistent for two weeks he managed to get me to go out on a date.

I was so nervous and scared right up until I neared the restaurant and saw his work rig. I can't explain it, but I suddenly became calm and unafraid. He was a perfect gentleman that night and we saw each other one more time almost weeks later and he told me he was attracted to me and then he suddenly left and I had very little contact with him. Due to the limited contact and distance I quit corresponding with him for a few weeks and I guess he was not impressed that i was walking away. So what did he do, well he started messaging me, calling me and more.

I am still single, however Mark and I have been starting to grow a little closer, but not enough to become an official couple and I am not sure what has him holding back, but he has asked me to come see him again where he is currently working and that is a step in the right direction. He has even asked me about the possibility of moving to where he lives and I replied if things work out with us then i would consider it.

I still struggle with Michael's death to this day, just not as much as i did. I keep asking Michael to give me a sign yay or nay about Mark and then all of the sudden he will call me or text me randomly. I sometimes feel like I am cheating by spending time with another man intimacy or not. I feel a part of me is worried that what i have been told by Mark may not be honest and that as a result my heart will be broken again. Anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Brandy

My opinion, take it slow.
No personal experience, but long distance relationships have their own issues. However, your children come first, and a move might not be in their best interest, at this time. Maybe talk to them about it.

It is a good thing that you are moving on. I know it's hard.

Reactions: bummer981
Thanks. I am taking it slow and my children are not aware I have been talking to anyone yet. I am not going to bring anything up unless I know where this is going. I wont parade men in and out of their lives because they deserve better.

Reactions: Larry's Shee