should i....

redbean

Feb 26, 2009
Should i take off the oil injection on my 05 blaster........my dad doesnt think so because i am still running with the stock spark plug and seems to run great

take it off and mix it yourself. they quit working alot and you dont know until it is too late. it happend to a friend of mine and he had to rebuild his top end because it seized the piston to the cyl. wall. so i suggest taking it off and mixing it yourself so you know its right. 32to1

spark plug does not matter, I would block off the oil and mix it yourself. its just 1 less thing to worry about going wrong. and also Should check out removing your TORS too

those things are sh*tty as hell the gear that runs it is plastic, that tell you how well they are built, remove it, along with the tors, another piece of sh*t part made. jmo, run 32:1 that is the best and most reccomended mix

Last edited:
remove it before you blow it up. The PLASTIC gear for the oil injection system likes to fail. Get the kit for 30 and save yourself the new top end and machine work. Mix 32:1

those things are sh*tty as hell the gear that runs it is plastic, that tell you how well they are built, remove it, along with the tors, another piece of sh*t part made. jmo

EXACTLY !!! take it off, 40:1 with premium gas, klotz or amsoil and youll be good... with no worries from now on...

ok but but i cant find o block off kit around were i live so how would i take it off with out the kit...... also what is the TORS

tors..throtle over ride system..if for some reson you have a problem with the throtle stuck or the carb, it shuts off the quad...ive heard of people having problems but personaly i never have. its just a big oversized thing on your carb thats kinda ugly..and really useless.if ya wanna take it off then just buy an after market cable and a carb top and go ahead,,,i have an after market carb on mine so mine doesnt have the tors ne more, but when it did, i never had any problems..."to each his own"..ya know..
OIL REMOVAL WITHOUT KIT...IF YA WANT SOME PICS OF MINE LET ME KNOW..ILL SEND OR POST.
1. takE oil assembly off(tank, line off carb,take your time, the line is a compression fitting)
2. get a little rubber nipple and block off oil inlet to carb, A little sealent on it wont hurt,example: (advance auto, find anything that fits over the little oil inlet, block it off)
3. remove oil pump cover off side of motor
4.remove oil lines from pump, pull lines out and trash em.
5. remove oil pump
6.take little plastic gear off oil pump, (gear ,pin )
7.reinstall oil pump(now its non functional)
8. fill in the two holes where the lines entered the case with some good gasket sillicone and two good fitting new bolts( do it neat and it will look professionaly done !!!)
9.install oil pump cover
10.START PREMIXING

leaving the pump without the gear doesnt hurt anything, and your only paying for a little metel plate in that kit, kinda expensive...if you do this right and take your time it pays off and looks just as good...