Should I trade?

Should I trade my 2007 ktm 85cc sx for a 2003 Polaris Preditor 500

• no

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • yes

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters
^^^ why do people say that? have you owned one? do you know the problems with them? or are you going off what others say?

we have not owned a predator or anything.... but we do have a outlaw 90 that a six year old rides, and he has broke 2 frames, 4 swing arms, and the frame we are on now has been welded in 3 different places.... the starter goes out about every 50 starts.... the plastics are so brittle that they will snap like a twig....

Polaris is sh*t...

off one quad you are going to say that?
i would put up the scrambler frame to a blaster, oh wait i seen what happened when a blaster hit a scrambler, the blaster frame twisted.

i have seen polarises run for a long time without any problems. it all comes down to the owner.

i knew someone that had a pred, the guy didn't really care for it, and only problem he had was when he was drifting it into a pile of bricks and it tore the swingarm out.

off one quad you are going to say that?
i would put up the scrambler frame to a blaster, oh wait i seen what happened when a blaster hit a scrambler, the blaster frame twisted.

i have seen polarises run for a long time without any problems. it all comes down to the owner.

i knew someone that had a pred, the guy didn't really care for it, and only problem he had was when he was drifting it into a pile of bricks and it tore the swingarm out.

all I can say is if it comes down to the owner the I should never have a problem with any of my quads... I probably maintain mine better the 99.9% of other people...

never had a problem with any of the polarises that i have rode. neither has the person that own some that i help work on. they are run great and have no problems. you base your judgement over a company off one problem.

Never seen any problems on Polaris's. Hell my buddy just barrel rolled his bro's Outlaw 525 through a ditch going pretty damn fast and up and off she went. No issues whatsoever......well for the quad at least. :D

Great choice man keep up on the maintaince and fix sh*t before it breaks and the polaris will never let you down. For all the polaris haters out there for one take care of your sh*t and every company has lemon quads were all your going to do is dump money into them while your buddy could have the same exact quad and just do routine maintaince. Sometime the company just has lemon my uncle has a 97 polaris explorer and it runs like it did new.

Great choice man keep up on the maintaince and fix sh*t before it breaks and the polaris will never let you down. For all the polaris haters out there for one take care of your sh*t and every company has lemon quads were all your going to do is dump money into them while your buddy could have the same exact quad and just do routine maintaince. Sometime the company just has lemon my uncle has a 97 polaris explorer and it runs like it did new.

I will admit Polaris was absolute garbage in the sport quad scene up until the Predator and Outlaw came along. The scramblers were epic garbage and were so fuggin heavy. Since then, they have made great strides.

Scramblers are good for the trail rider who wants to push themselves to the max while still having four wheel-drive. Other than that you can't do anything with them except tow 850lbs but actually you can push about 1200lbs I did it with my trail boss.

Scramblers are good for the trail rider who wants to push themselves to the max while still having four wheel-drive. Other than that you can't do anything with them except tow 850lbs but actually you can push about 1200lbs I did it with my trail boss.

Exactly. They are basically a Wolverine in sport plastic....AKA a heavier and worse handling warrior.

Thanks Guys
or racing sponsor was a polaris dealer and since we purchased our trx450r race machine we are learning about 4 poke maintenance and rebuilds. We always help in the shop so we can fix stuff at the track. Even though the Pred may just be a trail machine or an investment for another trade or sell.
The Pred should hold it's value longer than the bike. We do own 3 other polaris machines.

2007 KTM 85 SX Value Email March 26, 2011
1-Cylinders
2-Stroke
85cc
Suggested Retail Value $1955

vs
2003 Polaris Predator 500 Value Email March 26, 2011
1-Cylinders
4-Stroke
499cc
Suggested Retail Value $2190

My 2005 Honda 85cc trade was another investment.:D

my 2005 85 race bike with alot of extras
Suggested Retail Value $1330
41009_1575100575436_1173210030_1577303_6453470_n.jpg

For 2002 crf450r race bike never raced
Suggested Retail Value $2045

40146_1684453109181_1173210030_1811833_7681834_n.jpg

Thanks for the votes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Guys
or racing sponsor was a polaris dealer and since we purchased our trx450r race machine we are learning about 4 poke maintenance and rebuilds. We always help in the shop so we can fix stuff at the track. Even though the Pred may just be a trail machine or an investment for another trade or sell.
The Pred should hold it's value longer than the bike. We do own 3 other polaris machines.

2007 KTM 85 SX Value Email March 26, 2011
1-Cylinders
2-Stroke
85cc
Suggested Retail Value $1955

vs
2003 Polaris Predator 500 Value Email March 26, 2011
1-Cylinders
4-Stroke
499cc
Suggested Retail Value $2190

My 2005 Honda 85cc trade was another investment.:D

my 2005 85 race bike with alot of extras
Suggested Retail Value $1330
41009_1575100575436_1173210030_1577303_6453470_n.jpg

For 2002 crf450r race bike never raced
Suggested Retail Value $2045

40146_1684453109181_1173210030_1811833_7681834_n.jpg

Thanks for the votes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make like my annual salary in capitalizing off of resale of vehicles you won. I:I