should i swap for a raptor 250?

Blasterguy58

Jul 1, 2010
lehigh acres fl
hey, i have a 03 blaster with jet kit .do you think that i should swap it for a 2010 raptor 250. i like my blaster cause its a bit quicker, but i like the fact that the 250 has a four stroke and more reliable.should i keep my blaster?:-/

Last edited:
"also i dont want to waste money modding my blaster anymore"

Who said that modding a blaster was wasting money? I:I

I think that 4 pokes are fine for utility quads (almost a necessity) and certain classes of racing but not much else... I like the..........zing.... of a 2 stroke sport quad.

Plus 4 strokes with pipes always sound like they're farting!

reliability has a direct correlation to maintenance so if you have problems with your blaster, you'll probably have problems with the rappy 250

its up to you though, if you like the rappy better.....do the swap

This is yet another stupid question to ask. You come on here, a 2 stroke forum, what answers do you think youll get? You go on a 4 stroke forum and ask, what answers do you think you will get? It all comes down to personal preference. Whats this 4 strokes are more reliable? I can tell you that is so not true. A 2 stroke can be just as reliable if not more reliable than a 4 stroke. It all comes down to maintenance and how well you maintain your bike. As far as the raptor 250 goes, its slower yes, but the handling is second to none. The first time I rode one, i was really surprised with the steering/suspension. As far as power it did lag some what, but thats nothing a few a/m parts cant fix. You say your tired of wasting your money on your blaster? Whys that, is it not fast enough? I tell you what, your going to either dish out the extra $3500 for a bigger quad such as a ltr, 450r, yfz, or 700 raptor because anything smaller such as a raptor 350, 300ex, 250ex and so forth is just not going to cut the power your looking for. If you want the raptor 250, go for it but once again youll be dumping more money into to make it faster.

Ummm, if ya want to. As stated above only last as long as you take care of it. Wait till ya have to redo the topend of a 4 stroke talk about a pain in the ass and $$$. But to each his own, i have one of each and like both of them for differnt reasons. I'm more comfortable riding a 4-stroke, but i also don't have a lot of 2-stroke experience yet! I woulndn't trade either of them, But i have to say, i'm iching to ride a shee! and 450.

The only reason I would say to switch is because the rappys are 10x better handling and ergonomics are much better, power wise they wont hold a candle to a blaster dollar for dollar. It will be very reliable being a low comp sohc 4stroke, but the blaster is very easy to work on and once you get it jetted correctly and maintain it you will have very little problems.... Only problems I've ever had were caused by me, other then that its been a solid bike.

i'm still learning too, i can tear it up on a 4 stroke (like anybody can) just hop on, gas, go lol. 2 stroke takes a little more persuasion..................or abuse, however you want to say it, but it can usually go faster than a comparable 4 stroke.

i've thought a yz250 powered rappy250 would be the best of everything

I know this is no help but wanted to vent.I could trade for a Raptor 660 rite now but just can't bring myself to get rid of the Blaster.