Shopping for shocks

Adam Davis

Aug 6, 2015
I'm hoping somebody can send me in the right direction I'm looking for decent quality shocks that will not break my wallet. I am currently in the planning stages of a rebuild on a 2001 blaster that needs some serious TLC.

Reactions: Polarbear
Whats your budget? Not gonna get anything good for cheap as you prob know. Look for a set of used works shocks from a blaster or banshee. Or you can get a set of used banshee shocks (fronts only) they are an upgrade but not a whole lot.

I'm hoping somebody can send me in the right direction I'm looking for decent quality shocks that will not break my wallet. I am currently in the planning stages of a rebuild on a 2001 blaster that needs some serious TLC.

You can replace the rear shock with a Honda 400ex rear shock easily, and will allow you to adjust rebound and such. You can find one on ebay from $35-50 usually. If you get one just buy the bushing kit from Ken... http://www.kenoconnorracing.com/400EX Shock on a Blaster.html

You can also run Banshee front shocks in place of the junk stock ones. I would look at ebay for them too.

Wouldn't waste my money on stock Banshee shocks. They suck on a Banshee, fail to see now they could be better on a blaster.
And don't get those cheep Chiwanese shocks either. There are some snomo shocks that are right length. Mid 90 A Cat 440 snow pro is good choice, Fox shocks. s
Warrior shocks are also same lenght.

Maybe someone will link it, but if you go to Works site they list lengths of all shocks they sell.

I appreciate the advise. My budget is about $200..... I'm new to rebuilding quads and am not sure what is over priced and what is worth a purchase. My type of riding will primarily be trails ... not a lot of ramps to catch air on.

$200 is in the ballpark for a used set of Works performance shocks. Look for either, Blaster,banshee,and warrior Works shocks. 400ex,ltz,kfx rear shock is a great upgrade for the $ as stated.