shock recomendations

2stroke4ever

Aug 26, 2009
Okoboji Iowa
www.oakhillmarina.com
i'm after recomendations for both front and rear shocks, the quad is stock width and length for now, i'm just looking for a little "softer" ride, i'm 5'8" 160 pounds, my riding varies a lot but has very few big jumps and not much track time, mostly a "trail" quad but i'm looking for that performance feel and ride when i do want to push my machine, i'm not looking to spend a ton of money nor do i expect a ready to race every weekend ride, i just want to improve my ride quality and i want my suspension to be ready when i do want to go to a practice day here or there, finally i'm not sure if i want new shocks for shocks off a different quad, and if i get shocks from a different quad which ones would be best for my needs (educated guess is all i expect), any feedback would be great

my front works dual rates are the shizzle ($150), i blow right over rough stuff that would crash a stock bike, and i'm likin the '05 trx450r rear shock($50) i put on, but the 400ex is the same and a little easier to mount