Shearer exhaust question - HELP

TJsBlaster

Mar 14, 2008
I have a Shearer exhaust and I need the "seal/gasket" that goes inside the female part of the pipe that slips over the male piece attached to the cylinder. It looked sort of like an o-ring when I took the exhaust off but it was all cracked and crumbled. Does anybody know where I can purchase this item and what size I would need. I went to two shops and nobody could help.
Any help would be appreciated!!

pretty sure your talking about a gasket, all you need to know is get some high temp silicone and put it on the part where the flange goes onto the motor

Yeah, I thought about going the RTV route but there was some sort of seal in there before and I would like to put one back. I don't know how long the red RTV would last, I think it is rated for 700 deg F. That is an "intermitent" rating also, so I'm not sure what the "continuous" temp rating is or how how the pipe gets right at the engine.

contact kennedy power. He can probably help you on that. He knows the pipe manufacturer

I sent Kennedy a PM asking about it. I just found a link to Shearer's site so I might call out there in the morning.
Thanks.

Thanks KGibson, I'll try again at the dealer for a Banshee O-ring.
He will probably still give me a blank stare.

That's what Matt Shearer told me to get when I called for extra ones. Haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it's right.

Kgibson - thanks again. I tried ebay yesterday and found the same seller. I ordered two of them from the guy. Hope they fit. I can't believe that is all they use since they are only rated for 400 deg F. The oring that I took out when I pulled the pipe was cooked hard as a rock and all cracked...guess they don't last too long.