sell blaster for lt250R??

crusty4365

Sep 2, 2007
montgomery NY
im thinking about selling my blaster and buying this lt250R for 800$ the kid has new nerfs for it new holeshots and rims never used and a new swingarm and bearings.. all for 800$ the new stuff isnt in the picture tho.. leme know if its worth selling my blaster.. wich would win in a race? wich is better for freestyle? and witch is better for longlivity or durability??
here are sum pictures of the lt250 and my blaster..
the blaster is an 03 and the lt250 is a 86
both have fmf pipe sets
my blaster does need new tires tho..
whats a better investment?
and i want to learn freestyle at mikes house this summer cuz hes got a track and jumps so wich is better for that??
NO BEING BIAS BE FAIR IN UR JUDGMENT CUZ I KNOW U ALL FAVOR THE BLASTER THIS ISSSS BLASTER FORUM SO JUST SAY THE PROS AND CONS IM LEANING TOWARDS KEEPING MY BLASTER TOO BUT IDK IF ITS WORTH IT LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK IT WILL BE APRECIATED.. NO MORE CAPS LMAO!
blaster.jpg

000_0144.jpg

000_0145.jpg

blasterr.jpg

000_0148.jpg

0114081420u.jpg

blaster2.jpg

000_0143.jpg

l_6b2ee23139a5490219c8cf9fd2b7158d.jpg

k leme know whats good and not good
thanks much appreciatedI:I

the LT250R eats banshees.

search the internet for around 2001 mx racing..... lt250R was the ride to have... along with the honda 250R.

umm.... reliability? i dunno... probably the blaster.
speed? probably no comparison... lt250R

the LT250R is a speed machine. it was bred for racing. and basically only for racing. will you have to run race fuel? was condition is the engine in? when was the last rebuild? are there still plenty of aftermarket parts available?

your bike is 5 years old.
the lt250r is 22 years old.

keep your blaster and buy the suzuki if you can.

as far as "learning" freestyle... master the blaster first. if it rolls on you.. well, you may have to go to the doctor... if you crash full throttle on the lt250r you may go to the morgue. the 250R is a fast race ready machine... it's not for toying with and DEFINATELY not a learning bike.

let us know what you decide.

yea I heard why the lt250r and the lt500r (the lt250r's big brother) are so cheap is because after 20 years the manufacturer doesn't have to make parts for it anymore thats just my 2 sense

i can get a full set of plastics from mair for really cheap so i think i am going to black out the whole thing since the frame is black.. i think i will also sand that fmf pipe and thermal black paint it like i did on my blaster. then i will polish the whole engine so it shines chrome and the new rims and wholeshots will add a nice touch.. i think i can get a carbon fiber hood in the front where the radiator screan is for like 50 bucks so thats cool too then i will take the shocks off and either buy aftermarket shocks or paint the springs black.

if i do sell my blaster i will be selling it to my best friend. he will take good care of it and i know what parts to buy so he will race it out. i will do all the engine work for him cuz i know my blaster like the back of my hand.

i also beleive my buddy shane blew up his 01 blaster and he said hel sell it to me for 700 cuz its got brand new fmf pipes on it literaly brand new i seen them and hes got like 4895827 sets of tires and rims fly bars kn filter and some other stuff so il have mike gime 800 and il give him my blaster il get the 250 and then in summertime buy shanes blaster and race it out so it looks just like mikes.. il still have the lt250R then and il have a raced out blaster that will be identicle to mikes. then i could dump money into this 250 and il still have a blaster! i think this is a good plan too
800 to sell my blaster now..
-800 for the 250
then save up 700 for shanes blaster + another 100 to fix it and then il have 2 quads that i love!
what do u guys think of that plan??
let me know because i want to know if my priceings are correct and if i can get a better deal for selling my blaster to mike, better deal buying kyles lt250 and a better deal for buying shanes 01 blaster thats broken.. what do u think?

yea I heard why the lt250r and the lt500r (the lt250r's big brother) are so cheap is because after 20 years the manufacturer doesn't have to make parts for it anymore thats just my 2 sense

lol, hey jabes... hmmmm i wonder where you got that from... hahahahahahha, anyway.. yeah, he is right...

also, their engines weren't the greatest after 1986, their frame is great though, and yeah.. they are fast... not good for LEARNING anything...hard to learn b/c they just... no...

keep the blaster, and if you can afford it buy the lt250r, and LEARN on the blaster, and once you are done learning.. use the lt250r, b/c LEARNING on lt250r can kill you

If it was me i would get the 250. But ive already done all the learning sh*t on my blaster. Like they said, learning on the lt250r isn't that great of an idea. So instead of saving up for that other blaster, keep the blaster you have and save up for the 250r while you learn the basics on the blaster.

the 250 is heavier and bulkier, but it has better a-arms and better carrier setup, like the blaster you cant change ball joints and 250 you can, the 250 has a honda style carrier which is much better and it is liquid cooled, however with age and all, and you know if how yours blaster runs, on a bike that age you dont know the number of rebuilds, wheather crank was done, how well some one did or did not maintain a quad that is older than you are..... if it were a honda 250r I may feel a bit defferent but for the suzuki I personally would not do it. and I could give a sh*t, as long as its 2 stroke.

i love this debate. the older lt250s (85-early 86) arnt much faster than a blaster.(87-90) suzuki hit the jackpot with the diffrent water ports and the "powervalve". Not only did it help the torque because of the lower rpm powervalve but also on the top end. As far as the "zilla" lt500r it speaks for itself. there scary fast.

but i also think the lt250s and lt500s are nicer to work on just because the longer wheelbase and everything isnt crammed into this little space like the blaster.

If you can get both than definitly do it, but test drive the thing first. And does anyone know how fast a stock lt250 will go and also how fast would the lt500 go?

i know the lt500 goes 79 stock.. not sure how fast the lt250 is cuz i havent test drove it yet... i really wany a trx250R but i will never find one around here (montgomery ny (orange county 12549)) and if i did id be looking at 2 grand i beleive cuz they are the best. i really want a 250 tho. im not sure yet tho leme know what you guys think about this situation. look back to my first and seconds posts for more info on my delema!!!

the lt has been painted no rear brakes plastics are crap and really they dont impress me i would go for a 240 kit and have it bored 80 over then you have a race quad also a bigger carb not worth it the lt is beat your blaster's nice

get both,you will not beable to throw the lt 250r around like ur blaster, plus since its so old how do we know the guy has cleaned and mantiened the engine properely? its ur choice

What year ltr?

My cousin had an 85, and it would take a pretty well modified blaster (240, piped, ported, etc) and the suspension and ergonomics are way better than the blaster's. The problem was that it was the most unreliable and tempermental son of a biotch I ever dealt with, and literally the thing was only ridable about 25% of the 4 years he owned it. If you get one expect to have problems with it, and have fun finding replacement parts for it too, there's not much aftermarket support or even original parts support left for them.

same thing for the warrior they replaced them with the raptor and it was a way better bike raptor was better i mean a lot faster

i know the lt500 goes 79 stock.. not sure how fast the lt250 is cuz i havent test drove it yet... i really wany a trx250R but i will never find one around here (montgomery ny (orange county 12549)) and if i did id be looking at 2 grand i beleive cuz they are the best. i really want a 250 tho. im not sure yet tho leme know what you guys think about this situation. look back to my first and seconds posts for more info on my delema!!!

the lt250 probly 70-80 stock. the lt500 100+mhp guarrented from suzuki stock