SCRATCHES

2006blasterboy

Nov 11, 2007
I have gotten a few scratches on my blaster. Does anyone know of any scratch remover that would work good for this? If not then where can i find cheap fenders for it?

well what happened was my little brother grabbed a rag that had grit in it, and now it's got these little scratches all over it and in some spots in looks kinda cloudy.

oh... check ebay for plastics if you are obsessive with it looking good, but if its just really minor stuff.. maany auto stores sell PlastX, it works pretty good..but its a pain..cuz it takes a while...

no plastics you get on ebay are gonna look any better unless their brand new. If its cloudy just buff it, it should come right out. My dad owns a body shop so i know what im talking about when it comes to paint. Thats about all i know though, lol

First thing you need to do . . . ask yourself if you are actually this anal about something that should be given a good layer of dirt weekly? Don't worry though. I'm not just a member but I am also the President! I:I

If you find yourself being one of these people. I suggest 'Novus #2 Fine Scratch Remover.' It is simple to use and it works on plastic and paint. I have a Buell with plastic number plates and airbox. I actually was turned on to this by a HD dealer. The first time I have actually left a Harley dealer with a smile. This removed all the scratches from my bike. It even worked on my carbon fender. Good Product, Great results.:-D

To avoid future scuffs: I have several sets of plastics for my woods bike. I have a local sponsor and I also hate spending for new plastics.(they prefer people to be able to read my rad. shrouds) So I discovered that a good clear coat will make a long lastin' set of Plastics.

Yes . . . Go grab a new set of plastics, order up some new vinyls, and go have a auto body shop put on some good ol' coats of clear. Sounds crazy but I have a set of plastics that are three seasons old and look damn near new. This can make some extra weight on a bike or quad though. If you race mx or tt avoid this. But for woods racing, talent will make up for the extra pound or so. I even wax my plastics with Nufinish/Turtlewax. They shine like new and mud can't stick well to the wax. hope this helps.

A coat of clear is not enough wait to notice..at all. That would be like saying you lost because you didn't take a piss before the race.

If you find yourself being one of these people. I suggest 'Novus #2 Fine Scratch Remover.' It is simple to use and it works on plastic and paint. I have a Buell with plastic number plates and airbox. I actually was turned on to this by a HD dealer. The first time I have actually left a Harley dealer with a smile. This removed all the scratches from my bike. It even worked on my carbon fender. Good Product, Great results.:-D

i used this and had completely opposite results, it made my project worse than before, so out kame the dremel with a polishing kit and some superfine compound, that worked excellent, i prefer PlastX over the novus anyday, but NOTHING beats the buffer with the fine bonnet and some 3m fine polishing compound <- thats the money right there

Mine has a really scratched spot on the back right fender so even after I clean it it looks really dirty. Thats ok though because my quad is always dirty.I:I

Dull.... Did you use the plastx stuff in the sun or something? Some of those rune your paint and shine if you let them dry in the sun.

No ,i took the plastic off ,the front piece and did it indoors.I used a terry cloth.Should i go buy some kind of high speed polisher and try it again.I think i saw something called the magic ball i could put on my drill..

my dads a profennional body man and i used some of this compund and a spray on wax and WOW did it come out shinny i dont know the name of the stuff but ill find out soon

i would also recemend plastic renew wow does the same thing but cheaper and its really easy to use and easy to rub out

So how do i us the mothers plastic polish?Do i just rub it on and wipe it off?I would like to know the steps from somebody..

yea I'l write directions for mother
1. Pour plastic polish onto a terry towel, sponge or suitable cloth applicator.
2.Apply liberally to surface. polish thoroughly using a circular motion.
3.Allow to dry, then buff with terry towel or cloth
takes some scrubbin but makes them look better I dunno how good it really is for scratches that are very deep but it helps.