sandblasting ,powdercoating and painting

it depends on what the guy doing the work charges. you can usually save a little money if you do the sandblasting yourself
powdercoat and painting are the same thing for the most part. all powdercoat is is a paint that is baked on in an oven

it isn't a paint, it is a powder.
but it cost me around $500 for a frame and swingarm.
that was then doing all the prep work (the way i wanted, not their normal way) 2 layers of color and a layer of clear. again my way, not theirs.

oh ok well i know someone that paints cars and he has a shop so i didnt know what all it included to do it ,as the paint/powdercoat lol i am new to this still im learning alot from all you guys and thats great cause i dnt know a lick about engines and i been working on my blasty thanks to all you great folks here

powder coat a piece of metal, and paint another....wack them both with a hammer....you'll see a difference in which is more durable

powder coating is for people that arent on a smaller budget if it was me (im cheap) id get car paint and use that not rattle can though

around my house its $125 to do a frame and to me that will be money well spent. theres no way in hell im gonna tear a bike all the way down, spends hours prepping it just right just to paint it, it will look like crap later on and more then likely start flaking off. pony up the extra loot and do it right the first time u will thanks yourself later on

Well if he lived near me I'd give him a great deal...but if you want to do it semi right then sandblast it, primer, seal it, and use automotive paint.

3 wheeler said it...its either once now and for a few 10 years after that...or once every year painting it. If you lived close and got the frame sandblasted...i'd powder it for $50. That's just me tho

And j does good work too he did some stuff for me all my hub and some other small parts they look great

well virginia may not be to terribly far im in tenn by nashville i cant get ahold of the dude i know so if i sanded it down by hand then do what if i cant get it blasted ?

Dang...didn't think it was that far. If you could get it 100% stripped then you could use some kind of etching wash then it would be good enough for the powder to stick. Main thing is starting with bare metal, with auto paint or powder

if you are going to just paint it, you can use this stuff called bulldog adhesive promoter. it is usually for plastic, but i am sure it would work here too.

well i want to do maybe a candy apple red or pehaps like a nice blue not the yamaha blue tho , cause when i get it done up i want to get all new plastics and everything polished up ,future blasty of the month lmao

ok so i am gonna do it all my self and need a list of products to use from the stores around ,like ace hardware ,etc ,like paint stripper,mineral sprits,rust off things like that and the best paint to use for my frame and hubs ,swing arm and a arms ,and outer shock springs thanks