runs great but wont idle

arrow7

Jun 2, 2010
this blaster is wicked for its size. anyway, throttle cable stuck on me. I replaced the cable and now it wont idle on me. when the cable stuck, before I could get to it to cut the gas sparks started flying from under the gas tank. I replaced cable and now it runs excelent, but it wont idle for anything; does the TORS have anything to do with no idle after this situation.

this blaster is wicked for its size. anyway, throttle cable stuck on me. I replaced the cable and now it wont idle on me. when the cable stuck, before I could get to it to cut the gas sparks started flying from under the gas tank. I replaced cable and now it runs excelent, but it wont idle for anything; does the TORS have anything to do with no idle after this situation.

I am deffinately no expert when it comes TORS, (mine was already gone when I got it) but if sparks flew out of it I would just get rid of it. I've heard they're nothing but trouble. Most people get rid of it & the oil injection first thing.They make a kit for both that isn't very expensive.

Ive already tried that & got no response at all. Im wondering if I could take my idle screw out & clean it. I thought there was two adjustment screws but my carb only has one on the same side as the choke. The one on the opposite side of the carb is a little flush brass screw that wont even budge.

All I can tell you on this is the adjustment screw on carb is a air screw. It adj. air flow amounts. If you turn it out air flow increases and engine leans down. And vise versa.

when you say the idle is under the seat under a flap this is a 2000 model, what you described dosent sound familiar. the only adjustment ive seen under the seat is the big fat screw on top of the throttle switch assembly. I guess the same as thing as the tors