runs great but wont idle

arrow7

Jun 2, 2010
My throttle cable stuck wide open in second, hit a tree landed on top of me. when I threw it off it landed on all four tires, hit a wood fence and got stuck. By the time I got to it to shut the fuel off (no kill switch) it was revving so high sparks were flying out from what I thought was the spark plug. I have since replaced the cable and now it runs great but, it wont idle anymore. I think I might have burned out the switch assembly on top of the carb. does anyone know what might be wrong?

Soo you still have the throttle over ride an it didn't work??? Typical, works when it shouldn't an don't when it needs to lol!!! If it runs fine but won't idle try asjusting the idle screw on the top ot the tors box, if that don't change, try adjusting the throttle cable at the thumb throttle, my 89 had tors delete an no idle screw on the carb, I set the idle by adjusting it at the thumb throtle

How do I bypass the assembly switch on top of the carb? Will this switch affect the idle? If I can delete this switch will I need a new throttle cable?