running 8:1 is it bad? it stalled and wont start UPDATE AND WORKING

0_o

Jan 11, 2011
Colorado Springs
i just ran out of gas and i put a little 8oz bottle in a gallon of fuel and it ran fine for like 20 min then stalled and it wont start again :-/

UPDATE!!

the spark plug had popped out! i dont know how the new owner probably didnt put it on there right and i emptied out the gas tank and put a new plug and it works fine. this time with one gallon i put 4oz of castrol atv oil, right?

Last edited:
Re: running 8:1 is it bad? it stalled and wont start

4 oz oil/gallon, you prolly fouled a plug, change the plug, drain that gas, and don't be usin that junk in the little bottles

THATS 6:1, not 8:1. you probably leaned out the engine, running too much oil, makes it so less gas is flowing thru the carb, causing a lean condition. if your lucky you just fouled a plug.

1 gallon is 128oz of fuel, divide that by your 8 oz of oil, = 6:1 wayyy too much oil

i think you should just give it to me

THATS 6:1, not 8:1. you probably leaned out the engine, running too much oil, makes it so less gas is flowing thru the carb, causing a lean condition.

1 gallon is 128oz of fuel, divide that by your 8 oz of oil, = 6:1 wayyy too much oil

I was going to get into that lean situation but didn't want to scare the guy. hope it's just a fouled plug man

they make measuring cups for premix. search ebay. or just do 4oz. per gallon like stated above

THATS 6:1, not 8:1. you probably leaned out the engine, running too much oil, makes it so less gas is flowing thru the carb, causing a lean condition. if your lucky you just fouled a plug.

i think you should just give it to me

128/8=16

I think you're a little off.

I was going to get into that lean situation but didn't want to scare the guy. hope it's just a fouled plug man

i think i just scared myself, i just got it started back up for a couple of minutes of giving it throttle and it died out making this weird dupdpdudpdudp and it doesnt sound the same anymore when i try to kick start it :eek:

try another plug, again, till it clears, but may have fried it

try another plug, again, till it clears, but may have fried it

how do i know if i blew the head? because when i got it started again for a couple of minutes it sounds way different when i kick start it, like "bloopbloopbloop" :-/

did you put fresh 32:1 gas in it? new plug? ur gonna go through alot of plugs clearing that oil out. that different noise is prob cause ur plug isnt firing anymore cause of the oil. on to a new one

did you put fresh 32:1 gas in it? new plug? ur gonna go through alot of plugs clearing that oil out. that different noise is prob cause ur plug isnt firing anymore cause of the oil. on to a new one

the spark plug had popped out! i dont know how the new owner probably didnt put it on there right and i emptied out the gas tank and put a new plug and it works fine. this time with one gallon i put 4oz of castrol atv oil, right?

yes that would be correct. or you can just get 4 gallons in u 5 gallon gas tank and empty an entire 16 oz. smaller bottle into it and shake it up and then ur good for like 2 tanks of fuel thats what i do

yes that would be correct. or you can just get 4 gallons in u 5 gallon gas tank and empty an entire 16 oz. smaller bottle into it and shake it up and then ur good for like 2 tanks of fuel thats what i do

I got the 1 quart but im still puzzled why the spark plug came out :-/