Rode this weekend had first major roll over.

Wood Spliter

Dec 17, 2009
Culleoka, Tn
33 years old and had my first ever roll over on a hill. Got to the top on my 2003 Blaster in second gear. Front tires hit a rock ledge and stood straight up. I managed to jump off and grab a tree intime to watch my quad roll end over end back down the hill.
Bent front bumper, handle bars and poked a hole in the top of my throttle case on the bars.
Next mods... Twist throttle, Pro Tapers, and 2" swing arm. :D

that sucks. I wouldn't consider a Blaster any good for hill climbing.

I had a Outlander 650 roll over onto myself once. =P wish they'd make them a bit less than 600lbs.

yep i didnt no i flipped till i woke up ;) ahah knocked out cold, broke ribs, bruises on my face(always strap helment, mine spon on my face) huge deep scratches on my sides and a sore shoulder

flipped a kfx400 on top of me landing on a jump wrong

The type of throttle had nothing in the world to do with it. You ride long enough and hard enough and stuff happens.
In my earlier years all my accidents were speed and stupid related. This case I was riding with friends and had to stop at the bottom of the hill to let a guy on a bike get up it. When I had my turn I just didn't have room to get enough speed and didn't know the trail so I didn't make it.
I just drove the quad out to get the mail and found that my axle is severly bent as well.
Thinking about a stock banshee axle.

I have never actually flipped backwards. The closest I came to that is ending up with it sitting on the back fenders while I drove over the top of a 7-foot bump. That's scary enough so I can't imagine seeing it roll away under myself.

sounds kinda nasty man, i remember doing that on my lt185 more than once!!!!

when the guys with the utility quads and 450's were making it, and i had to follow....i had to at least try to make it lol

Well at least you weren't hurt. Why is it always a ledge at the top of the long hills?

I've done one of those maneuvers on my prairie at busco. The trail just up and ended in a steep incline with a little ledge at the top. Mud at the bottom and a ledge at the top was a bad combonation. Luckily I had buddies and some quick moves to keep it from going totally over backwards.

that doesn't sound like to bad of damage if it is only handle bars and bumper. i would check to make sure your frame is straight and the steering stem.

and you did the best thing, let go of the quad, you can always fix a quad, you cant always fix your body.

ya just make sure you bail right.
i climbed a hill once in the winter. made it to the top when it is rocky, lost traction, tried to creep slowly back down. it started to slid and hit a root, lift the front. i tried to bail away from it, well my quad followed me down the hill into a stump. i am lucky i didn't break anything, i wasn't wearing a chest protection. i bent the bars and the frame was tweaked.

i havn't done that ever, and don't plan to ever do it, haha, my dad went up a hill on his bayou and there was a root at the top that he hit, and it just about went backward, and i was rite behind him !!!

iv gotten close to that but i grab the clutch and hit the front brake and slowly drive back wards down

Never had a bike roll over backwards on me before..... unless its from dumping the clutch on hardpack without knowing how to handle it.

I've rolled over and got bucked off many a time though lol

One thing with quads is when they start to get away from you, they take you for a ride :eek:
Makes you a more confident rider in the end though.