rm85 bogging

darrencurry08

May 7, 2012
Northern Ireland
So I got an 05 rm85 a few days ago and when I use about quarter throttle it bogs to a certain rev then when Im up in my high revs like full throttle its going fine ?, does anyone know whats wrong ?, I cleaned the carb out completely i think maybe the air screw needs set right or something im not sure, first time owning one of these wee bikes, it was completely rebuilt aswell and i got the reciepts off the guy I bought it off, any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20140325_022429.jpg
    IMG_20140325_022429.jpg
    743.1 KB · Views: 557
my aircrew is at 2.5 turns out I guess that is a big mistake, could this be my problem then awk ?

depends on what got the airscrew to 2.5 turns ?
did you slowly (10 seconds between turns) adjust it 1/2 turns at a time until you found high idle as decsribed in the link above ?
then 1/8th turns both ways while riding until you find the sweet spot where it revs clean

if followed and 2.5 turns is where high idle is, thats fine, but it's on the edge of needing one size smaller pilot.
i like to find the pilot that puts high idle at 1.5 turns out, that gives me adjustment both directions for temp/altitude changes

depends on what got the airscrew to 2.5 turns ?
did you slowly (10 seconds between turns) adjust it 1/2 turns at a time until you found high idle as decsribed in the link above ?
then 1/8th turns both ways while riding until you find the sweet spot where it revs clean

if followed and 2.5 turns is where high idle is, thats fine, but it's on the edge of needing one size smaller pilot.
i like to find the pilot that puts high idle at 1.5 turns out, that gives me adjustment both directions for temp/altitude changes

Its a stock bike ill do all that tomorrow and hopefully get her running right again!

is it kinda like this guys lol i guess your not the only one :)

Its exactly like that !!