rims and tire help

user1

Jun 1, 2010
NEW YORK
I am currently looking to get some new rims and tires.This is my first time replacing both (currently stock rims and tires). I really need something durable to handle some pretty rocky terrain. I have found it rather difficult to find a good pair of rims with the 4/100 bolt pattern and then matching the rims with a good 20" tire. any input to help put me in the right direction would be appreciated.

how much money do you want to spin?
i can find you some good rims and tires that will do great on the rocks.

on rockymountainatv.com
you can get a 20x11-9 ITP Holeshot XC rear tire mounted on douglas .190 9x8 rim (3-5 offset) for $330
or you can get the say sizes but a ITP Quadcross XC for $372

both are 6ply tires.

you could also get a maxxis i-razr 20x11-9 mounted on douglas .190 9x8 rims for $343
or a maxxis i-razr 20x11-10 mounted on douglas .190 10x8 rims for $354

Two options for you. I've got a set of 10 x 8 itp rims with 4/100 pattern that I could sell for $65 plus shipping costs. That is 8" wide by 10" diameter so they will not fit stock tires. Or I have a brand new set of Sedona Slingshots 18x10-8 that would fit a set of stock rims (8" diameter). They would be $100 plus shipping. Let me know if either one of these will help.

i would not suggest 18" tires for rocky area, it will suck.
but 10" rims are nice. depending on what kind. you dont want weak rims. the douglas .190" rim is the weakest you want to go.

well after looking into it further ive decided the best option is to get a set of yfz or banshee hubs. unfortunately beadlocks are a bit out of my price range... my next decision is between the douglas evo rim DWT Racing Official Site | ATV / UTV | Alumilite | EVO and the itp baja ITP TIRES - The World's #1 ATV Aftermarket Tire & Wheel Source :: T-9 Pro-Series BAJA.

Finally im having most trouble understanding what size tire will fit what size rim for example. a "maxxis i-razr 20x11-9 mounted on douglas .190 9x8"

Tire size 20x11x9 means this. 20 is tire height, 11 is tire width, 9 is the diameter of the rim hole.
Rim size 9x8 mean. 9 is rim height, 8 is rim width.
You always want the third number of the tire size to equal the first number of the rim size. You want the second number of the tire size to be at least one inch bigger than the second number of the rim size.

Tire size 20x11x9 means this. 20 is tire height, 11 is tire width, 9 is the diameter of the rim hole.
Rim size 9x8 mean. 9 is rim height, 8 is rim width.
You always want the third number of the tire size to equal the first number of the rim size. You want the second number of the tire size to be at least one inch bigger than the second number of the rim size.

so if i wanted to buy banshee hubs + Wheels/ Rims, what size of Kenda klaws should i get?

That is on my list of upgrades for when i rebuild, any help is appreciated