riding without silencer

You wanna know some of the best oil out there? The best oil in my opinion is Sea Doo 2 stroke oil. If you use any other oil in a 2 stroke sea doo,it will fry the motor. Although, i use Maxima Castor 927. Smell that smell! yummy

You wanna know some of the best oil out there? The best oil in my opinion is Sea Doo 2 stroke oil. If you use any other oil in a 2 stroke sea doo,it will fry the motor. Although, i use Maxima Castor 927. Smell that smell! yummy

Strange, I have used othr oil in a seadoo with out problem, and 927 smells good, its castor... but caster in an aircooled motor has a tendency to gum things up.

Strange, I have used othr oil in a seadoo with out problem, and 927 smells good, its castor... but caster in an aircooled motor has a tendency to gum things up.

I run sea foam in it every month =) ///My neighbor ran pennzoil 2 stroke oil in his and the pistons seized straight to the cylinder. had to get a brand new motor. and we had also drained out all the old oil before we used the pennzoil.

pennzoil is not exactly a performance 2 stroke oil...but tthen again I run amsoil in the weedwhacker...

lol, i always run HIGH quality oil. I run my Bel Ray H1R in my Homelite blower. lol its meant specifically for power-valved motors. i can just see in a few years they will be coming out with power-valved weed-wacker's, trimmers, chainsaws, and blowers!

u cant really beat high performance stihl chainsaw oil. lol i never did a rebuild on my blaster. ran it well over 90 hours. i guess the new owner will have fun with that when it blows up.

pennzoil is not exactly a performance 2 stroke oil...but tthen again I run amsoil in the weedwhacker...

should've heard the before/after difference in dad's chain saw when i talked him into using some of my yamalube of the wally world sh*t he was using.....sounded better and when you opened the throttle, the rpms actually picked up.

not sure why yamalube gets such a bad rep around here?

is silencers are so important, why do a lot of drag pipes not run them? and you dont want back pressure in your exhaust. the 2-stroke exhaust works on sound waves to push the unburnt fuel back into the engine, not back pressure.

every engine needs back pressure, helps keep compression up i believe as well as induce more power, give the engine something to push. I am not sure how drag pipes work however

every engine needs back pressure, helps keep compression up i believe as well as induce more power, give the engine something to push. I am not sure how drag pipes work however

you do need back pressure as it has nothing to do with compression of the engine. compression of the engine has to do with piston design, head shape, stroke length and bore size. back pressure resricts exhaust flow, you want an exhaust that allows exhaust to flow the fastest and with the least amount of back pressure.
the bigger the exhaust, the slow the exhaust gases will flow, the smaller the exhaust, the more back pressure you have. you have to find the perfect balance between the two to get the most performance.

Actually on a 2 stroke, pipe design (and stinger length) has something to do with compression... The negative pressure waves suck some of the fresh charge out of the engine while it's still blowing down. The tapered section of the pipe pushes a positive wave back down the pipe to shove that fresh charge back into the motor right before the piston closes up the exhaust port. That's the difference between low speed operation and "in the powerband".

Take the headpipe off of a 2 stroke engine and put a straight piece of pipe on there and see what a DOG it is no matter what the piston design head shape, stroke length, or bore size are.

shee blast, your wisdom proves true on 4 pokes where the exhaust valve (and cam timing) are the largest obstacle to high performance exhaust. Bigger (and emptier) pipe means a lower pressure on the backside of the valve when it opens so more exhaust rushes out in the short period of time the valve is open. On later model (ones with tuned pipes) two strokes the stinger is a "pressure bleed" for the tuned pipe. The engine requires specific amounts of backpressure to run correctly in a certain RPM range. To a certain point, an engine can run in a wide range of operational modes with the same amount of "pressure bleed" and still function fine. 1" is pretty standard diameter for stingers on 2 stroke quads. The larger ones use 1 1/4" for more flow but you don't see any like 2 1/2" pipe coming out of the back end because it wouldn't keep enough exhaust in the stinger.

Drag pipes work because they are designed not to use a silenced stinger. They still have a stinger (most are a simple straight piece of pipe that curved outward at the tip) to tune the pipe. On an exhaust system that is to be sold to the masses they design the pipe to work with a silencer on it so it (sort of) quietens the exhaust. Take that silencer off and you've tampered with the tune of the pipe and your power.

i have ran a stock banshee with no exhaust. also ran it with no silencers.
i actually liked the way it ran with no silencers, although it was loud, it had a nice sound to it. just needed ear plugs and a helmet on.
and the top end of that banshee has only been apart once.
i have actually cut my silencers down about 5inches on my banshee too.

i only read the first page on this so im not sure what people have posted but, riding with no silencer will just give you less power. You wont lose back pressure because that is what the pipe is, thats where all the back pressure happens

also to prove my point look at all the high end drag blastrs/banshees/250r's the exhaust they use does have a silencer its just a longer pipe

A direct quote straight from Two Stroke Performance Tuning by A. Graham Bell:

"The last section of the expansion chamber, called the 'stinger', is in reality a bleed
pipe. Its function is to restrict gas flow out of the exhaust and create back pressure by
slowly bleeding off exhaust gas. This serves to assist the positive pulse wave in pushing
any spilled fuel/air charge back into the motor."

There is a LOT of information out there about 2 stroke tuning theory. Get out the library card and do some homework.