Riding mud without front fenders!

michigan_rider

Feb 6, 2011
Romeo, Michigan
I was thinking about taking the front fenders off my 96 blaster for summer trail riding. how would it do with minor mud.im a little iffy. but it would look sweet. also would the engine cool well without fenders? im guessing yes but...

i took my fenders off for a while and every little speck of mud hit me. do this... ride through the mud with fenders on and then look at the bottom of the fenders. then think that all that mud that the fender caught would have been on you instead. then decide if you want to take them off

The front tires will throw mud at you when you turn left and right.....no way around it if you shave your fenders. Hell my back tires throw mud all over my back with the extended swingarm.

I ride with my front fenders off so I have more leg room, to me the fenders don't do that great of a job of keeping mud off of you anyway. Like Whitty said you will get muddy either way.

i took my fenders off for a while and every little speck of mud hit me. do this... ride through the mud with fenders on and then look at the bottom of the fenders. then think that all that mud that the fender caught would have been on you instead. then decide if you want to take them off

Fo sho! Ya get muddy anyhow but the fenders keep it form getting rediculous.

do you just not want to have any plastics at all? you posted another thread about taking the back off. YOUR AN IDIOT! front off/shaved okay, but take the back off your dumb. unless you drag racing and weight is crucial

with the race hood on my bike i get FILTHY running through the mud, the fronts just throw the mud all over you.

but i don't mind getting a little dirty while i ride
this is after shaking a bunch of mud off
DSCN0601.jpg

for the guy 2-up on the first page, i am buying maier race fronts and shaving my rears close to none were they stick out like 2 inches. i think it will look sweet. i might buy wheel spacers cuz i don't have alot of body room on my blasty and dont have enough cash to get a 'shee or a 660 raptor. but i ride trails and a couple farm fields on my neighbor's land. any suggestions. and whats the average price for wheel spacers???

i flipped my front wheels around, its the same as running 4 inch wheel spacers, and i get soaked if it rains and i drive down our street within a minute i'm covered in mud

You either get muddy or you get real muddy. One place I ride it can be bone dry in summer but still be some mud holes in the woods. Mio, Mi. Bull Gap to Pink store.

with the race hood on my bike i get FILTHY running through the mud, the fronts just throw the mud all over you.

but i don't mind getting a little dirty while i ride
this is after shaking a bunch of mud off
DSCN0601.jpg

heeeeell yeah the race front does approximately nothing to keep mud off but im willing to compromise for good looks, dont be a pussy hahaha jk jk :D

Last edited:
honestly man... if youre going to spend money on spacers, i say get a shee axle and flip your fronts. i rode today with my burgard a arms and full front fenders and i got hit with every spec of sand my tires threw up. but i dont care. it was in the 70s today and sunny. how much more beautiful of a day could you ask for?

Whenever I ride in the mud I get more mud thrown on me from the back tires then from the front tires and as you can see from my sig pic I've got cut front fenders.

my rears throw up so much mud, would it be better to get a 'shee axle in the rear, or spacers. and whats a better move getting a new vito crank, or getting my engine bored?