Rhino Killer

This build is a little of topic but its gonna be badass plus Ive never seen one in person. This is for my wife and daughter to rip around on. I picked this Yamaha golf cart up today for a few hundred dollars. Im gonna stretch it to have 2 rows of seats put a stereo going all out on it. Power plant is gonna be an R6 engine. Ill do a custom 4 link style rear end and use atv a arms up front. Should be a really fun build plus im sure it will smoke just about any side by side thats made. Here are a few pics on what Im starting with
IMG_20120411_185851.jpg

IMG_20120411_185902.jpg

interesting !!!!!
you must keep this thread updated with pics and details !!!!!!

There's a guy up here in NY that did something similar like that. He lifted it like a BADBOY Buggy. He can stomp most guys in the mud holes and on the wide open trails, if he gets bite, he rips past everyone. Bad part though, he has straight pipes for exhaust and he blows your ear drums from 200ft away.

So i started tearing it down a little. I also picked up this axle and have some heim joints ordered. Pretty much waiting on them to start building the swing arm for it. this sprocket is tiny too. Im gonna go huge on the sprocket. Still brain storming on how to make the swingarm adjustable for chain tension.

IMG_20120415_182204.jpg

IMG_20120415_182227.jpg

I got a little more tore down to see what im working with. I think my biggest issue is gonna be clearance on the air box so I may have to stetch it so the airbox is right behind the seat. The axle I have will give it a little bit wider of a stance so Im happy about that. Tommorow im gonna gut all the wireing and cut out all the old battery brackets and hopefully the rear end.

IMG_20120418_185608.jpg IMG_20120418_185837.jpg IMG_20120418_192424[1].jpg

I got a little more tore down to see what im working with. I think my biggest issue is gonna be clearance on the air box so I may have to stetch it so the airbox is right behind the seat. The axle I have will give it a little bit wider of a stance so Im happy about that. Tommorow im gonna gut all the wireing and cut out all the old battery brackets and hopefully the rear end.

View attachment 5724 View attachment 5725 View attachment 5726

You're going to drop an R6 Engine into that thing? It will fly. I:I

Man your really going for it! I can't wait to see this build get really going! Best of luck to ya man

I also made brackets that will attach to the axle bearing housing. They are pretty simple just used some 1/4 inch steel plate for them. Im just gonna weld them to the oem swing arm. Im gonna have to beef the swing arm up and attach it to the frame with heim joints because the R6 engine makes a few more horse power than the eletric cart engine I pulled out of it.

IMG_20120425_190651.jpg IMG_20120425_185917.jpg

Good idea and great choice for a power plant but i question if this wouldnt be with a custom frame?

Will that golf cart fold up under the power of the R1?

With as much work as using the golf cart is going to take why not fab up your own frame?

I seen a golf cart at a car show last year with a lift kit and a SBC in it but it wasnt much of a golf cart in fact the only golf cart peices were the canopy and the body shell.

Im curious as to how this turns out though.