Removing push rods

centipede3001

Nov 3, 2010
I got my first push rod out and found it was welded to the ball bearing
Now im trying to get the second push rod out and i cant get it to budge
Ive tryed magnets and everything i can think of
Any ideas ?

try unhooking the clutch cable, then pull the actuator lever up and out, and possibly blow air with the compressor down in there ????????,
maybe have a rag over the clutch basket to catch it, so it doesnt fly across the garage, or thru someones leg, hahahaaaa

ok i was thinking about pulling it out but i was afraid i couldnt be able to get it back in or maybe there was a spring inside there or something

a long steel wire with a magnet hooked to it may pull it out too
if you have the ball, welded to the clutch side rod, the other rod is all thats left in there, no springs

yeah i tryed the magnetic wire and it wasnt strong enough
and i have a screw driver that fits perfectly in the hole so i magnitized that and it wasnt strong enough to pull it out
so i gonna try to pull out the peice the clutch cable hooks to tommorw and see if i can get it that way

Try a drinking straw - works every time! push it in on the basket side so it slides over the pushrod. You should be able to fish it out like that...

the end opposit of the clutch basket is a little mushroomed i think thats why its not pulling through
Any suggestions ?

that end shouldnt be mushroomed, thats hard ass steel, and rides on the soft cast actuator, which i have seen grooves worn into before the rod mushrooms

yeah somehow it push rod is slightly mushroomed very slightly but enough to stop it from coming through the hole.
and the actuator is worn down bad where the rod rides so i think i might need a new one

Anyone on here near southern pa i need help with this pos