Reliability of a 240

yes wiseco make 240 pistions... well i heard they overheat alot of times

wisco dosent make a 240 kit......and u can't bore a stock cylinder to a 240....he would have had to pay $500 bucks for a 240 kit....if its unported a piped and ported blaster would run with it....but u cant bore a stock cylinder to a 240.....

One possibility, that I see a lot with newbies, is that they get boring confused. They think a .40 overbore means that a 200 is now a 240. That's one possibility if wiseco in fact doesn't make a 240 kit for the blaster.

i think theres only 2 companys that make 240 kits.....its vitos...and...not sure of the other one....but boring it 40 over dosent make it a 240....like yamarider said

One possibility, that I see a lot with newbies, is that they get boring confused. They think a .40 overbore means that a 200 is now a 240. That's one possibility if wiseco in fact doesn't make a 240 kit for the blaster.

I brought this up in another thread. You CANNOT bore to 240. boreing say .040 adds like .05CC's. Wiseco does not make a 240 kit. They sell pistons, and sleeves. poeple who make the 240 are Trenga (sucky), Vitos (less sucky), and Phantom (The best!)

If this is a true 240 take a look at the jug, I'm next to postive all of these manufacturers stamp or engrave their jugs (usually right above the clutch cable bracket)

Last edited by a moderator:
nice.... im goin for port and polish job also the head too... with +3mm stroker with light flywheel

Ok so I read this tread and I just HAD to register too reply.

To answer a few ?'s

1. "does wiseco make 240 kits"
NOT really but they do sell a 240 piston and sleeve (but the sleeve is made by L.A. Sleeve not wiseco) so in a way they kind of sell a 240 kit.

2. "Can you bore a stock cylinder to 240"
NOT really. you cant bore it that big. (that would make the walls of the cylinder too thin.) you can however have the stock cylinder sleeve pressed out and have a 240 pressed in making the stock cylinder you once had a 240 beast.

3. What companies sell a 240 kit?
Theres more out there than have been listed. they are Trenga, Vitos, Planet blasters (phantom), CT's, Snyder Motorsports, Diamond racing, L.A. Sleeve Just to name a few. As per which one is better vs. Junk is really a matter of opinion.

4. "Do they over heat"
Done incorrectly yes they can. but if the shop doing the 240 kit is reputable you can have a reliable 240 for quite some time. However there are newer options out there that will give you closer HP output too that of some 240 kits with out going the 240 route. Ive got CT's ultimate 240 kit have not had any overheating problems as of yet. Dont forget though, with any motor mods, you need to have the right combination of parts/service done to your machine to achive maximum performance/reliability.

One thing too keep in mind is that the ATV racing industry is a small world. Dont be supprised to find out that many competitors use each others products and or services for their own purposes and actually collaberate with one another. An example is the CT 240 kit I have is actually produced by L.A. Sleeve. but CT buys them and dose some reworking of the ports and sells them as their own kits. L.A. Sleeve is the major manufacture of Sleeves and many many companies buy and use there sleeves. they kind of have a monopoly on that, per say.

Last edited:
airsal and la sleeve make the best 240 kits on the market, ive had both but there expensive. all a big bore kit does is increase torque,stock bore will give you higher rpm range and quicker response

Wiesco has a 240 kit its on eBay its 900$ Canadian comes with cranck jug top end already ported to fit the piston all gaskets and everything

I have a Vito's 240 cylinder/piston kit with a 3mm striker crank sitting on the bench. Soon to be sent off to KOR for a port an full in build!