rejet after new exhaust?

yup, sure will, stock main jet is a 230, you should put in a 280ish but check your plug to be sure. if its cold where u are u wanna go up another few sizes also to account for the cold dense air

Thanks guys! This is very helpful! What are you all referring to by "plug" and plug check etc? You're not referring to the spark plug, correct? Is there a part of the carb called a "plug"? You guys recommend I just have the Yamaha dealership do it or is it simple enough for a mechanically inclined guy to pull off? I just don't want to screw anything up then still have to make a run to the pros. I love this new bike and I want to make sure I do the upgrades correctly.

plug = spark plug < you read the color to tell what jetting changes are needed when adding mods
you do a wide open throttle run into 6th gear, with a brand new plug in it, with the clutch pulled in kill the bike , remove that plug, replace old one for the ride back, then cut the plug threads off to veiw the "smoke ring" that color tells how your jetting is

read, re-read and learn the above plug chop link

BTW....where is your helmet in them vids ????
your next 4 wheeler may be a scooter chair without one

So, I've been researching the plug chop. Is it necessary? Is it just something somebody figured out? Looks like you run the plug without a ground electrode? It operates that way? What does a plug chop do? Better combustion? Better air flow? I'm so intrigued by all this. So you can't just jet, you have to plug chop too?

It's nice to have experienced folks on here, thanks awk08. The helmet's coming too, of course. I've spent the past three years tooling around in low range with my boys on my '83 110 ATC, never more than 10-15mph, so now I need to get a helmet for me too. Got DOT approved helmets for them. I'll research what's already out there for the plug chop. Thanks again for the jetting recommendations.

Ok. Your last post helped. I guess you posted while I was posting. Thanks. I get it now, you chop the plug to check how you're burning. Nice.
Last plug I pulled was black and moist. To rich then?

the way you just pulled it, after riding it in all 3 jetting ranges will give you false readings, any of the 3 ranges...pilot/needle/main could be slighty rich or lean, tainting the color

and your pilot and needle will be fine for just a pipe. but the main will need to go bigger, prolly 270/280/290 as mentioned above, and will depend on your local temps and elevation
sea level will require a larger main than 2500' elev.

you must use a new plug, run it wide open into 6th gear, quickly pull the clucth and kill the motor, replace plug and ride back
this allows only the mian jet, while at wide open throttle to color the plugs "smoke ring"
you must cut off the threads, or use a flashlight and magnifying glass to see the "smoke ring"
that tells the tale of what the main jet only is at...rich or lean
you want a nice cardboard color
a little darker is rich and ok
lighter grey/no color is lean, and will fry your piston

and in response here also, to your other post...........
after cutting off the threads to veiw the smoke ring, the plug is garbage
small price to pay to get your jetting correct