recomended blaster upgades?

blasterjerry

Mar 3, 2015
rosendale,mo
I have a 99 blaster with the hotrod crank and rod kit wiesco piston vforce4 reeds mukuni carb full fmf exust and racing clutch don't remember which brand heads been tornadoed wanting to make some major upgrades just don't know what to get and suggestion would be very helpful

Get that head "Re-chambered" by ken too when you get the porting done. Don't take this wrong. but that "tornado thing" doesn't do anything. I think "Trinity" started that bull sh*t. Its the old "It looks cool, so it must run way better" crap. Re-chambered it into a 20cc "Hemispherical Chamber" and add the porting, and SMILE as you run pump gas while making the power you have been looking for. this will take you from a "fun" stock 17 hp up to a "Scary fast" 32 + hp. :). The porting and head re-chambering will compliment that FMF pipe very nicely!

man have your cylinder ported and a head mod by KOR you will not be desapointed i just had Ken work his magic on mine and im verry happy with the results heres the before and afther and this baby rips !!!!!!
aaa.jpg

I forgot to add that you still have the RELIABILITY! The reliability is still there! When done properly ...a "Properly ported" cylinder does not de-grade the life of the engine while increasing the power. The important part to remember is that you have to consider your riding style. If you are looking for a "Over all" power gain that increases low end torque for crawling over stuff on the trail WITHOUT having to feather the clutch, hits with an EXTREMELY HARD mid range for acceleration, and pulls to a higher top end rpm for more speed, ...then a nice aggressive trail port is for you! Screw that "Drag port" sh#t. Get real with the kind of riding style you do and be honest with yourself. We all like to talk about what we did to our blasters, but you don't want to build something that falls on its face, because you built it for a riding style you don't ride, or use a " Dyno chart" from a given company that promises to give you 38 hp between 8,000 and 8,500 rpm, but doesn't do jack anywhere else in the rpm range. That's useless! One other thing... You can go to a bigger carb LATTER ON to get a bit more top end, but try out that stock VM26 Mikuni before you start spending money. I have porting, head re-chambering, transfer port to case matching, high compression,etc, and still run the factory oil injection with zero issues. I'm not saying you should run oil injection, I'm just saying that I do. Pre-mixing obviously works great too. The important thing to remember is PROPER JETTING!!! Very important! You will be going up at least 10 jet sizes depending on temperature, altitude, etc.

Also... take that extra little bit of time to leak test your engine. You learn something while doing this, and get piece of mind at the same time. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Awk08 and Fast6hand
The proper porting and head re chamber will more than likely do more than all of the mods already done. One other small thing is that you can keep the stock Mikuni carb but have it bored slightly larger.. Not very pricey , maybe 1/4 to 1/3 the price of a new larger carb yet very effective if you want just a little more without spending a ton. I believe the guy in the link posted above does that work also.

ok thank you guys for your input any ideals what he would charge for a aggressive trail port or a carb port I do a lot of hard trail riding and just trying to get some extra umph out of her.

Get that head "Re-chambered" by ken too when you get the porting done. Don't take this wrong. but that "tornado thing" doesn't do anything. I think "Trinity" started that bull sh*t. Its the old "It looks cool, so it must run way better" crap. Re-chambered it into a 20cc "Hemispherical Chamber" and add the porting, and SMILE as you run pump gas while making the power you have been looking for. this will take you from a "fun" stock 17 hp up to a "Scary fast" 32 + hp. :). The porting and head re-chambering will compliment that FMF pipe very nicely!

Ya the guy that built my initial motor did it for free I didn't notice any difference in it other then my pick up in throttle responce from changing my vforce3 in for carbon 4s at the same time

That was the now long dead Hollywood Dirt that did the tornado/swirls in the intake, exhaust and head

My bust Awk. Thanks for the heads up. I thought it was that ridiculously over rated trinity that did it. Maybe sicivicdude does it now. Ha Ha Ha

Reactions: Awk08