Rebuilding shocks

bigwill

Jun 6, 2011
joppa, md
Does anyone here on the forum rebuild works shocks? We have people to do just about everything else but I haven't really seen this subject come up. I really don't wanna send them back to works to be rebuild and recharged.

i'd send them to work's
i looked into it before and if my old ass memory serves me right, it's like $40 sumthin a shock,
the parts would prolly cost you that much, plus ya gotta ship it to someone anyway, might as well be the masters

there is a shock rebuild thread on here somewhere, search for it

you can change what a link says and it will still take you to the original site,
i'll pass on being "rick rolled" !!!!!!!

and yep, i believe it was 40 sum for tops, and 60 sum for bottom bushings when i did mine (on my sons bike now)
ridiculous prices, my next time will be homemade delron bushings with a steel insert for the bolt.....$10 !!!!!

In addition to brandoz's write-up (very good and detailed BTW), you check out the link in my signature for how to do other rebuildable shock absorbers. The process is nearly all the same for every manufacturer.

you can change what a link says and it will still take you to the original site,
i'll pass on being "rick rolled" !!!!!!!

and yep, i believe it was 40 sum for tops, and 60 sum for bottom bushings when i did mine (on my sons bike now)
ridiculous prices, my next time will be homemade delron bushings with a steel insert for the bolt.....$10 !!!!!

Didn't know your link was the same thing.

I will just send them back to works. I figured I would try and help out someone on here first tho. Thanks for the info guys.

that will also allow works to valve them to your riding style, rider weight is determined by the spring
be sure to call them before sending them to discuss that, very nice people from my experience !

I had them valved and the correct springs put on whe I bought them, I just like to have them serviced in my "off season" of riding.