Rebuilding my kids blaster

Yamaha700R

Jun 6, 2016
So I am rebuilding my kids blaster, and I have a few questions. So I blocked off oil injection pump, and I am trying to figure out what to do with the holes in the rubber piece on the cover where the hoses went into. Do it need to vent, or can it be sealed up? The clear line that runs to the back of the bike, I am assuming is a vent line to the engine, where do most people place it?

So I am rebuilding my kids blaster, and I have a few questions. So I blocked off oil injection pump, and I am trying to figure out what to do with the holes in the rubber piece on the cover where the hoses went into. Do it need to vent, or can it be sealed up? The clear line that runs to the back of the bike, I am assuming is a vent line to the engine, where do most people place it?
Here are some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 286
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    756.7 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    712.7 KB · Views: 300
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 309
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 310
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 278
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 293
Reactions: Blaster crazy
This is the piece I have questions on. Can I seal this part up, or do I need to leave this part vented?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 303
Okay I have another concern or problem that I posted in exhaust. I'll ask it here again. So the two exhausts ends, the header pipe and silencer, don't fit together. The previous owner used the exhaust clamp to hold the two pieces together without the silencer sliding over header end. I moved the mounts around to no avail. I am wondering if a new full exhaust will work or a FMF header. The first pic is all mounts loosened pressed as far as one part will slide on the other. The othe picture is the exhaust pieces held in their place. Wait, reverse that.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 272
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 280
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 328
Last edited:
I just picked up my seat from the upholstery shop with the seat cover I bought off of eBay. That's my little one in the background.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 283
Reactions: bummer981
plug the unused oil injection holes with black RTV, or blue if you'd like it to match your plastics :)

the clear line is the transmission vent and must be left vented, the original hose runs across above the carb then up the left side frame rail with the wire harness, to up under the hood and just hangs to free air up there.

as for the exhaust, it should fit together.
is the front pipe missing the hanger where it bolts to the frame right under steering stem ?
and possibly bolted directly to the mount ?
only reason I could think it being rolled too far forward to meet the silencer

the lil guy is gettin it ! :)

Reactions: Meyers
plug the unused oil injection holes with black RTV, or blue if you'd like it to match your plastics :)

the clear line is the transmission vent and must be left vented, the original hose runs across above the carb then up the left side frame rail with the wire harness, to up under the hood and just hangs to free air up there.

as for the exhaust, it should fit together.
is the front pipe missing the hanger where it bolts to the frame right under steering stem ?
and possibly bolted directly to the mount ?
only reason I could think it being rolled too far forward to meet the silencer

the lil guy is gettin it ! :)
Awesome. Thank you for your reply. I'll do that tomorrow.

Awesome. Thank you for your reply. I'll do that tomorrow.
The hanger is loose that mounts on the frame under the tank and the bolts are in. Something isn't right on the exhaust. I wonder if the silencer used was for another quad jimmy rigged to fit on the blaster.

Siliconed the holes today. That is done. Now I need to figure out the whole exhaust situation. Went to an ATV junk yard to see if they had a blaster silencer, and they didn't. Figured a stock muffler would let me know what's out of whack.

LOL. That would be a long way to barrow a muffler. My parents lived in Gaylord for a couple of years. Lots of snow and deer.