rebuild hp?

samtheblastrman

Feb 1, 2013
bedford county pa
im rebuilding my blaster i am goin to put in a .60 piston a +3 stroker and fmf gold header pipe and fmf turbine core tail pipe performance coil and stock carb with k&n filter. how much hp should i gwt out of it?
and i hav have 12 to 50 sprocket ratio

why would you resleeve? do this. agressive trail port and rechambered head. rebuilt mototr with wiseco piston. full toomey exhaust you dont need the +3 crank. with what i listed it will knock your socks off

Buying another cylinder will solve nothing unless it's already bored and comes with the piston it was bored to. This is exactly why first get cylinder measured, then buy piston, then bore cylinder and finish fitting piston by honing.

If you can't return the piston for whatever reason, consider selling it on here and getting correct one. BTW, the piston you have, what is wrong with the sizing of it, please explain fully.

Step 1. Goto KenOConnorracing.com

Step 2. Call Ken

Step 3. Send parts to ken

Step 4. Wait patiently

Step 5. Ride the shiz like you stole it and be amazed.

Follow these simple steps like i did, and you will be more than happy.

i have a .60 piston i didnt check my cylinder size i have two spares, all my cylinders are to big im looking for a under .60 bored cylinder so i can bore it out i hav a couple guys down the street with ylinders i hav to see if there for sale and right size.
if anyone has a cylinder for like under 50 bucks pm me

Is this .60 piston new or some POS you hope to use? You are still evading the answers to what is really going on. Is there some problem with being asked questions??

im rebuilding my blaster i am goin to put in a .60 piston a +3 stroker and fmf gold header pipe and fmf turbine core tail pipe performance coil and stock carb with k&n filter. how much hp should i gwt out of it?
and i hav have 12 to 50 sprocket ratio

Well, stock you are starting with 17hp.
Stock displacement is 198cc, +.060 and 3mm stroke = 215cc
Using ratio and proportion = 215ccx17hp/198cc=18.5hp
From experience, the performance coil will gain nothing.
The FMF Gold according to published stats is worth about 3-4hp if jetted right.
The K&N (and opening up the airbox cover) needs jetting too for another hp or two.
You would be very lucky to see 25hp if you knew how to jet (plug chop).

Getting a performance re-chambered head by JoeAK47 or Ken O'Conner, setting your squish to 1mm, opening the airfilter cover, and rejetting will see you to about 30hp, a bit more with the FMF Gold.

I base these numbers on having ridden a stock Blaster, one with a 32hp DT200 motored Blaster, and a ~48hp KTM250 powered Blaster. Boring and stroking are small improvements compared to getting a better burn and more cylinder pressure and rpm with a rechambered head. You have got to learn to jet first, or it will all blow up on you.

Snow is just about gone, mud is drying up here, looking to do more riding with JoeAK47's ported cylinder and heads. She feels real good, definitely making more than the 32hp of the DT200. Neil is running an FMF Gold and stock carb too.

Steve

Didn't want to sound harsh, but it's hard to give a good answer if we don't have all the information. :D

Going by what you listed in first post and depending on temps, start with a 310 (safe) and adjust from there. 280-310 would be good selection to start with. I:

HP? 23-25