Rebuild help

For the $$ you are going to save on rebuilding yourself. Send the head out to get done. Around 65$ i think to Kor. Best bang fir the buck. You should have it back before boreais done. Better yet. Send cylinder and head there and still be well under what you expected to pay and know its done right. While u r waiting watch his vids on doing a clutch mod and look up how to perform a 2 stroke leakdown test. Shoot

That might even be the easiest thing to do. Ken sells the pistons and everything. Just like Jus_me said, send your cylinder and head to Ken. He sells the pistons your going to buy, might as well have a very well known and excellent machinist bore it perfectly to fit the piston. The head mod is an amazing upgrade, WOW! Kens site says $55 for boring, so add shipping in a flat rate box you might come out even on the $65. If your feeling relly froggy you could send him your flywheel too! He can lighten it up for you, another really good mod while the engine is apart!

I would agree with jus_me, if your going to rebuild it yourself send your machine work to KOR. Doing that you will sleep better knowing it was done right. just my $0.02

Bear in mind that the rebuild will need to be leak tested before starting the engine.

Many a perfectly rebuilt engine has failed within hours because of the failure to leak test after adding the final components, eg: reed block and carb boot.