rear shock

chase707

Aug 3, 2014
I have a 2005 yamaha blaster and it has a stock shock on there and it seems to be not strong enough I am 190 lb and I was wondering what I should invest in to help make my quad more enjoyable

Ok thank you do I need to do anything to fit the 400ex spring in or should I be able to get it and slap it on as soon as I did

Go on a diet..ha, ha...
Actually the Honda 400 es shock can be found as little as $50.It is a worthwhile improvement over the stock shock with a little higher spring rate and adjustable rebound and compression settings.

Thanks everyone think im gonna go with the honda ex spring seems to be the cheapest way

Yeah thats true but I believe the 400 would be fine a couple of my friends have a 400 ex quad and

cheap is not always better

and lol
What's your thoughts on fox shocks? They make very good shocks. I had floats on my banshee and would get another set and their rear shock if I had the cash. I think they are better shocks than works or elka shocks.

What's your thoughts on fox shocks? They make very good shocks. I had floats on my banshee and would get another set and their rear shock if I had the cash. I think they are better shocks than works or elka shocks.
i too think they are awesome. i havent ridden on any but im sure they are just as good as my elkas.

the best part that i like is that you put air in them, so its easy to adjust by yourself

i said "and lol" because most people dont have the money to buy them (only $900+ each)
and i didnt know they had a 14.5 length. i figured to run them you would need long travel

do they make a rear fox float for these? or modified swinger/mounts?

They don't make a rear air shock. They make a hydrolic remote reservoir rear shock. I had floats on my banshee and lived them. Wish I still had them.