rear shock question

89mustang

Apr 9, 2012
i have an 01 yamah blaster, and i am a pretty big boy weighing in at about 255 and i was curious if a banshee shock would fit and if it would be stronger then the stock blaster one. cause when i sit on the blaster one the bike sags to much for my liking.

you can try to tighten the nut on the bottom of the shock and put more tension on the spring, I have my pretty tight and it doesn't seem to move much when I'm on it, but it could just be me, lol

how long is a 400ex shock. and a 400ex shock will bolt directly in. it dosent look like it.

how long is a 400ex shock. and a 400ex shock will bolt directly in. it dosent look like it.

You have to use the Ken O'Conner upper mounting bushings and drill the bottom shock mount out to 12mm. It's a very good upgrade. You can adjust the spring preload, rebound and compression on the 400ex rear shock.

I believe it is slightly longer, but not enough to hurt it ( or i'm thinking the old 250r shock) there has been several members on this site that has used the 400ex shock, the only thing you need is some bushings to make it fit right as one of the mounts is smaller on the 400ex shock, you can pick up a set from ken for pretty cheap.
400 EX bushings

i have an 01 yamah blaster, and i am a pretty big boy weighing in at about 255 and i was curious if a banshee shock would fit and if it would be stronger then the stock blaster one. cause when i sit on the blaster one the bike sags to much for my liking.

the shee's rear shock is actually not bad. but wont fit a blaster, to short and it wouldnt mount up anyway. sorry