rear shock mount location with +4 added

benharcombe1985

Jul 5, 2014
hi guys ive searched for hours now ive just purchased an 06 blaster and im currently wanting to add +4 on the swingarm yet imsure where the shock mount location should be left ill be adding to the square section before the shock mount 400ex shock soon to be purchased using the balster spring as in a skinny bean lol

im thinking i add the +4 and leave the mount in its current location then the extra 4" allows the ride height to remain almost as is standard??? As on my beer mat calculation keeping the mount the same distance from the swings arm bolt as standard and the +4 will send the rear end to the clouds

many thanks in advance ben

simple answer. dont extend a stock one.

there have been many accidents because someone extended a stock swinger and it broke

it will go to a fabricator to be lengthened and braced/gusetted as in in the uk i cannot find a professionally made lengthened swinger and keep seeing that people have added said amount of inches ill not be hitting any big jumps just trail riding and hillclimbing at a local area we ride my question is where does the mount go down the arm to take up the extra length welded in or does it stay in the same place dimensionally to the swingarm bolt location

cheers again ben