Rear end question

Yamahafan88

Sep 3, 2010
Illinois
One of my friends told me i need to tighting these two nuts up (circled in red)

blasterrear.jpg

Any one know what it tightens? Sorry for the dumb question I just wanna take proper care of it.:)

those are the locknuts, if they loose they NEED to be tightened, they hold the axle and all the stuff in, get a pipe wrench and a set of lock nut wrenches from motion pro and a tourque wrench and tourque them to the factory settings

very important to keep those solid and tight. if they even a little loose, they will loosen on there on from riding and only cause major problems and headaches.

dont tighten the one closest to the carrier too tight. it will cause your axle not to spin. i didnt tighten mine to factory settings, i just tightened the right one until it was tight and didnt put resistance on my axle, and the tightened the left one against it

i always crank them as tight as a big pipe wrench and cheater bar will allow me, never had a problem, loosen the outer one, tighten the inner one, then jam the outer one against it

awk... maybe i was doing something wrong. i put my shee axle in and i couldnt tighten the inner nut very tight. it caused the axle to lock up.

awk... maybe i was doing something wrong. i put my shee axle in and i couldnt tighten the inner nut very tight. it caused the axle to lock up.

Perhaps your bearings are questionable? There is prob a limit to how much side torque these ball-bearings should have, but like awk said, I just tightened the crap out of both of em when I put in my new bearings.

I pretty much just got them both snugged up at arm tightness, and while making sure the axle was moving freelly. I'm thinking it should be ok.