Rear caliper adaptor???

Southernblasty

Feb 27, 2013
Mississippi
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm doing a rear hydro conversion on my 97 blaster. I have everything to do it with except an 03 and up axle carrier. I still have the old style axle carrier and was wondering if there was some kind of adaptor to make the new hydro caliper work on it or would I have to get a new axle carrier?

here's a pic of one that used to be commercially available,
(i think my $100 less gsxr kits put them outta biz ?)

fvcsic.jpg

/\ it bolts on in place of the e-brake, which is popular to eliminate with a block off plate

if you search member "best" threads or pic albums, he has one very similar that he built out of 1/4" flat steel,
and bolted his on between the e-brake and caliper, allowing the e-brake to remain.

if you can't find or fab anything, gimme a holler and we'll step you up to a gsxr caliper :)...........
4754-04-05-caliper-my-bike-2.jpg

Thanks for the help you guys, I think I'm probably gonna just fab my own bracket. It shouldn't be too hard. Is there any benefits to the gsxr caliper over the blaster one?

Thanks for the help you guys, I think I'm probably gonna just fab my own bracket. It shouldn't be too hard. Is there any benefits to the gsxr caliper over the blaster one?

they both accomplish the same thing really.

but, there is a reason they put this large dual piston caliper on a 600lb. streetbike capable of 150 mph. I:I

i had a old set off a ninja, i work in a machine shop-soi tried to convert it all myself and a guy that workd here.. they work but in hindsight - it would of been MUCH MUCH cheaper for me to buy a kit from AWK..

When I did the conversion i just used a banshee carrier and brake. I think the hydro blaster brake will bolt right onto the banshee carrier.
DSC00672.JPG