Rear cable for +6 swing arm

Combating_MOFO

Dec 2, 2010
i have googled and seen a few blaster forum threads and posts about cables with extended swing arms. one post said that the stock cable should work up to a +6 swing arm. from what i read the stock cable runs from your handle bars to the rear caliper. mine only runs from my right foot peg to the rear. is it possible to still find a cable for a +6? some say the +4 cable works, is this true with anyone who has done it...im trying to find one before sunday when i plan on riding because i dont even have my rear caliper on and barely have any front brake. if i can i will order next day if its cheap enough so i can get the right parts. thanks for replys

No it wont work and whoever told you the rear brake cable comes from the handlebars is an idiot the cable comes from the foot brake peddle just think what do you step on to use the rear brake? the handlebar levers no you hopefully step on the brake peddle and you have to get a extended brake cable for the +6

the rear cable has the emergency brake attached to it which runs to the handlebars...on a stock setup of course, u have the rear shorty brake cable which eliminates the parking brake...i think u can get a +6 cable, just cant remember where lol

oh then sorry i didnt remove the parking brake so i wouldnt know if theres was a cable there but ill look on ebay for you

thanks for the replys. i have been trying to find one everywhere online but can only seem to find them up to +4 swing arms. if anyone can find one for a +6 that would be great. also what came across my mind was maybe some kind of adjust ability my swing arm may have. my swing arm has the same kind of rear like this one sold on blasterzone.com - Yamaha Blaster Extended Swingarm   Yamaha Blaster Extended Swingarm - the 2 inch slot can swing all the way back or all the way forward. could i possibly get a +4 cable to fit on that if i slide the axle more towards the front of the swing arm and tighten her up? maybe it can go from +4 to +6 or +5 to +6. i believe that is how you adjust the length right?

ya i was looking into hydraulic brakes. im possibly going to sell or trade the quad soon so i just wanted to get a cable so i could ride it with at least rear brakes ;)

when i got my plus eight swinger i had to call motion pro and they made me one because they said they normally dont keep them in stock. That would probably be the easiest route

Well I know a LT500 quadzilla stock hydro line "fits" a 6+ swinger on a blasty, pointless to post. Just a friend and I tried it today for sh*ts and giggles.;)