Rear Brake Question

rr97guy

Jul 5, 2007
Raleigh,NC
Guys, I just swapped out the frame on my 2004 Blaster for an older one from a pre 2000 model because the old one was bent. My Question is this.
I have the stock 2004 rear brake master cylinder and caliper but not any of the rear brake parts from the other frame. How can I use or can I use any of the 04 brake parts with this frame. I want to use the Hydro,s I have, if possible. I am aware of the rear brake set ups from Blaster Zone, but do not want to go that route if I can find a no weld way to mount my stock mastercylinder. What would you do or have you done? I am also confused about which set up on Blaster Zone would be best for me if I had to go that route also. I e-mailed them but did not recieve an answer. I looked for this in the search but did not find the answer I was looking for. Thanks for your help.:">

Last edited:
I can not believe nobody has encountered this before. Where can I find a bracket to use the stock mastercylinder and caliper? If this is not possible on the older frame who has these parts? I tried blaster zone no one would reply to my e-mail. Please anybody got any advice?
100_0658.jpg

Just a sugestion, could the bracket off the old, bent frame be cutoff and re welded to your new frame? By the way your quad looks nice.

Thanks for the comment. I did not think about that but now the frames been repainted thats not practical. To be honest I should have done some research before starting this frame swap but,lol,I didn't, I assumed because people were swapping to the hydro setups that someone made a bolt on bracket to use the stock 04 style master cylinder set up, my bad. I am not through with this project either, I am going to put new wheels and tires and a new black powder coated front bumper and nerf bars on her. When I get the money I am going to build up a dt200 yamaha liquid cooled powered blaster, with a new frame and reuse some other parts I have or will aquire. Thanks for your comment about its appearance.

The DT200 swap is cool. I almost bought one right before I bought my 02. I think the guy only wanted $1100 for it. Damn it I should have bought it.

Hey, Thanks for that link above from MacDizzy, I had never seen that before. Cool!!!!!. That answered a few questions about that engine but not about the rear brakes but anyhow. I guessif I can not figure out something with the stock stuff I may have to buy stuff aftermarket.

The blaster zone brakes are not designed for a quad but for a go cart. Their set up is too much linkage for me. We have the kits for sale that are a direct bolt on only if your axle carrier has the brake stay mount.

Why won't your caliper bolt to your brake stay? I can sell you just the mounting kit for the master cylinder and do your brake pedal modification if you like.

pitboss.... do you sell the mounting kit for the master cylinder?? i kinda have the same scenario.... 02 blaster, 03 rear setup going on.... i do have an 03 carrier to accept the caliper.... but it'd be nice to get a legit bracket for the master cylinder.... and what about the linkage??

I have the parts for the 04 caliper , caliper, brake lines and mount for caliper, I just need stuff to hook up brake pedal and master cylinder. If you have that stuff let me know pricing, etc