Really need help with this guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

05blasterkid

Apr 24, 2010
Corning, NY
I have a 2003 blaster. It ran fine but it kept overflowing the carberator so I took the carberator apart and cleaned everything and put it back together and now it's not running right. It idles fine and revs up fine in neutral but when you go in gear and get to the top of the rpm's it like loses power and almost feels like its loading up? Like getting too much gas? I don't know what the problem is. I need help with this. Thanks guys!

Is the float level set too high?

Float level should 20 to 21.5mm on a stock carby.

7580-user5502-pic7361-1341402759.jpg

7362-float-tang.jpg

Adjust the idle.

Idle adjusting.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS big screw under seat on top of unit. No TORS brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a fast idle.

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs to allow the motor to respond.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle

See above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: jamesbass
Could the float be sticking allowing too much gas into the bowl?

Sometimes the posts which support the float pin get ridged and foul the float.

I did what slicker said to do. It didn't help. I rode it around and it's like the more you hit the gas the more it dies. You can floor it and it just runs like crap and has no power. I noticed that it seemed like the more I turned the air/fuel screw out, the better it ran but that only worked til I ran out of screw to turn. The plug looks fine. I don't understand what is wrong with it. It has to be the carb considering it didn't do this before I tore it apart to clean it. I need help bad guys

Did you loose the brass washer under the main jet? Did you put the spring back on the air screw before install? Do you have the slide in correctly? Is the oil injection port plugged (if injection deleted) or do you have the oil line in the carb? clamps on intake tight?

Just a few things i can think of!

Is the float sticking, sometimes one can bend a float when fitting the fuel bowl.

Is it still leaking?

Is the overflow blocked.

Did you use a brush to clean the carb, sometimes a hair can break off and lodge in the needle and seat.

Did you replace the pilot jet?

No I did not clean it with a brush. Or replace the pilot jet. And when I pulled the main jet out I didn't see a washer? Maybe it was lost before. I don't believe I took a spring off the air screw. Slide seems to be in correctly. Oil inject port is not blocked off which puzzled me quote a bit. And clamps on intake are tight

Float level could be incorrect or a poor seal at the needle and seat.

Try some toothpaste on a cotton tipped stick and revolve in the seat to remove a possible varnish buildup.

Clean the needle as well.

What's really fraaking me out is this has a right bend exhaust on it do it's either dyno port/lrd etc. and there is a 230 main jet in it?!? What is with that?

What's really fraaking me out is this has a right bend exhaust on it do it's either dyno port/lrd etc. and there is a 230 main jet in it?!? What is with that?

Previous owner was not informed. I wouldn't run it until you get larger main jet 300 or so!

And if the float is not sticking, and level is measured correctly, A bad float valve is the prime suspect.

As scot said sometimes the washer will stay in place. There has to be a spring on the air screw, or it will vibrate out of calibration and can fall out.

The oil injection port has to be blocked off if not used.

I know you don't want to hear this , But If it were me I'd disassemble the carb (again) completely all jets using a pic or small flat blade remove the washer on the main jet port, airscrew, choke assembly, slide, float assembly. Clean again- Check the float valve, does it fit back in the seat smoothly no hanging up- is the rubber pointed tip cracked or hard as a rock? When reassembly make sure you put the little loop back on the float or the valve will never shut off the gas flow!

If there is any residue(varnish) inside the carb ports, jet ports, float and seat ports that will need removed.

Reassemble carefully, putting in the larger main jet at least 300! Check the float level 20-21.5mm or 2cm is the proper level.

Then install and start the jetting procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.