Ready to start my rebuilt engine for the first time

Devilman910

Dec 20, 2010
29 palms ca
This is my first build i read the engine break in thread so im good with that but i just want to know is there anything i should check or do before i start it for the first time

I usually hand crank it a time or 2 it with the plug out just to be sure its all smooth. Be sure the gas is on and fire it up.

leakdown test !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup! Do a leak-down test before starting it. Then, just make sure there is oil in the gearbox, put it in neutral, turn on the (fresh and properly-mixed) gas, pull out the enrichener valve on the carb, and fire it up!

Let the engine warm-up fully before setting out, and don't ride with the engine running at wide-open throttle for the first couple hours. If you can, keep a steady load on the engine and vary the throttle. Stop after 15-20 mins to let the engine cool a couple times. Ride it, let the Blaster run at all engine speeds, and enjoy the results of your hard work! People all have their own opinions on how to break in a fresh engine. The way I described has always worked well for me. As long as you let it warm up when cold and don't overheat it while riding, you'll be fine.