rattle in exhaust that goes to the head

tyler123

Jan 1, 2013
I got a rattle in the exhaust that goes to the head. I think its the baffle. would it hurt to cut it and take it out until I get a after market one? I just bored it .40 over so can I still run it with the baffle out of it? never been started yet

You can cut the pipe and gut it. Make sure you have someone that knows what there doing when it comes to welding it back together.

I unhook the oil jug that was in the back. do I have to block it off at the engine or can I just mix it?

Slow down, the oil pump must be removed or disabled.

The oil line that delivers oil to the carb must be removed at the carb and the brass nipple blocked so no air can enter.

Mixing oil and gas at a ratio of 32:1 usually requires one size bigger main jet owing to the change in the amount of fuel passing through it.

now when I turn the gas on it come out of the over flow and above the where the gas goes in at. its right above it not sure what goes there but nothing was there. gas just goes all over.

The needle and seat is not shutting off the gas flow.

You need to clean the needle and seat assembly or adjust the float to the correct level.

Is the float full of gas, or rubbing the side of the float bowl.

What if anything have you done to the carb?

its all stock that I know of. I clean it and put it back on and it started doing that. but before it did come out of the over flow in to I started it stop. now its coming out of the spot right above the fuel goes in at. and don't stop when you start it.

Double check that you got it back together correctly.

With the gas on and the float bowl off, lift the float with a little pressure to see if the flow stops.

Under the needle seat there is an O ring, if the gas keeps flowing the O ring could be at fault.

If the tip of the needle is hard or damaged it may not make a seal.

Check to see if the float is free.