raptor 80

tyler1blaster

Aug 16, 2009
virginia
I hooked my battery cables up the wrong way while charging my raptor 80. something got fried but i dont know what. it only starts if i push start it.

any suggestions? thanks

On the positive cable there is a black connector inside that is a fuse. It just pulls apart if that is not burnt check the starter solenoid under the seat plastic mounted to the frame above the motor. Hope this helps.

The seleniod still sounds like it is good if it is clicking while it is running, but when it is off it does not, so that says to me that it is not getting any power while it is off, but it getting power from the motor when it is running. best thing to do is if you have another battery from anything hook it up and see if it starts, if it does I would venture to say that you need a new battery and you will be good.

The seleniod still sounds like it is good if it is clicking while it is running, but when it is off it does not, so that says to me that it is not getting any power while it is off, but it getting power from the motor when it is running. best thing to do is if you have another battery from anything hook it up and see if it starts, if it does I would venture to say that you need a new battery and you will be good.

Nope :( X( :( X( my battery from my honda recon didn't do a single thing. it didn't even crank. that fuse looks like it is brand new. any other suggestions? this is my bro's atv so he is quite mad

what i would do is look at all the wires switches and fuses to see if any thing is bad and just for the hell of it try charging the battery and if that dosent work tear it apart and look at the starter and celluloid and anything else you can think of

Reactions: tyler1blaster
ya man it sounds like the selenoid. try using a continuity tester to see if anything is wrong with the wiring. try from battery to selenoid. through the selenoid. and from selenoid to starter so on just make sure no wires burned up

Follow the positive wire from the battery will lead you to the solenoid, starters need heavy wires for the juicy they draw. that may help you figure where it is.

Reactions: tyler1blaster