Raptor 250 Heel Guards

Also going to cut the rear fenders straight across on both sides to clean up the area a little.
20azd4w.jpg

do not cut the fender tab sticking down, place the stock plastic heelgaurd on and draw a straight line across from the bottom of the tab, then cut the black plastic heelie to fill that space, it'll match the other side better, and provide better protection from mud and debris

get them things installed. looks like we got some compatibility rockin again
Going to take the pegs to work with me to work tomorrow and cut the mounts off. Hopefully bolt them on tomorrow night.

i just looked on ebay and the cheapest was 25 not shipped and no pegs lol guess you got an amazing deal
Just keep watching. There are not as many of these out there yet as there are YFZs but these also were not selling as quickly as the YFZs that I saw. May be others that will fit also if you are willing to take a chance. I think the TRX450 guards look similar too.

do not cut the fender tab sticking down, place the stock plastic heelgaurd on and draw a straight line across from the bottom of the tab, then cut the black plastic heelie to fill that space, it'll match the other side better, and provide better protection from mud and debris
Not too worried about the mud and debris. I dont have the original guards anymore to make fillers. I am planning to use a +4 swing arm so I am hoping that will provide the extra protection.

im pretty sure i do still have the original guards if you want them to do what awk is saying, up to you i doubt id ever use them lol

im pretty sure i do still have the original guards if you want them to do what awk is saying, up to you i doubt id ever use them lol

Cool man. I'll let you know. If I do cut them it wont be for a little while. I want to get these mounted up and see how they look first.

Well I cut off the Raptor peg mounts today at work. Got home tonight and spent a couple hours in the garage working on the Blaster. Mocked up the pegs and heel guards and also mocked up my GSXR brakes (pics will be in by build thread). Not sure if I like the look of the heel guards with the nerf bars and the rear fenders definately need to be trimmed to compensate for them. May sell the nerfs but not sure yet. (Sorry awk. I know you hate when we trim fenders.)

Freshly hacked Raptor Pegs
2qbrih4.jpg

With the factory steel guards removed
2lavr6u.jpg

Pegs bolted together
2d7sf8h.jpg

Heel guard installed.
hstj4p.jpg

Bracket hits the fender mount with the double pegs. Wouldnt hit if you use single pegs.
11kkyo5.jpg

Right side pegs
2lk6xx0.jpg

Right side mocked up. No clearance issues on this side.
kd7rrc.jpg

Left side mocked up.
1zb5ppg.jpg

looks gd man!! are you maybe selling your nerfs because on issues with the heel gaurds fitting with them or you just dont like the look of both of them?

looks gd man!! are you maybe selling your nerfs because on issues with the heel gaurds fitting with them or you just dont like the look of both of them?

Not sure on the looks of both of them together. Definately need to trim the fenders before I decide to take the nerfs off. May look a little better once I do.

dont forget about me if you decide to sell either the nerfs or the hell gaurds...just remember i know what you paid for those heel gaurds lol jp

dont forget about me if you decide to sell either the nerfs or the hell gaurds...just remember i know what you paid for those heel gaurds lol jp

You'll get first shot if I decide to let either go. And dont worry I will cut ya a deal if I decide to let the heels guards go. Not so sure that customs will though. lol

heat and bend that rappy wire mount thats hitting the fender support, looks like if you bend it down towards the pegs, it will bolt right up ?????
and now i see the difference between the rappy and yfz heelies, the yfz's are cut out more where the nerfs are overlapping them, the yfz's on my sons curve right around that part of the nerf that is sticking back, like it was made to do so

heat and bend that rappy wire mount thats hitting the fender support, looks like if you bend it down towards the pegs, it will bolt right up ?????
and now i see the difference between the rappy and yfz heelies, the yfz's are cut out more where the nerfs are overlapping them, the yfz's on my sons curve right around that part of the nerf that is sticking back, like it was made to do so

Yeah it will only take a slight tweak to miss the fender mount. I just dont want to mod them until I am sure if I am going to use them. Gonna play around a little more with them all this week and decide what and how I am going to use. I would like to raise the heel guards up towards the top of the pegs some more too. But if I do that I will definately have to "work" the mounts to get them to work.