ran without oil

1999 blaster

Apr 19, 2011
Parker, PA
all my oil leaked out of my engine and i didnt know it until i heard a weird hissing type of noise, so i shut it off and havent started it in a few days do you think it will be okay if i fill er up with oil?

we need a lil more info to help u. a hole as in... a HOLE HOLE? or like the oil plug was loose? if its a hole like from a rock then yea u need get it aluminum welded. JB weld aint gonna hold up bc the pressure i think

is the hole under the crank area....did a piston explode in there mabe??..if its where the crank is, what u see leaking is premix oil in ur gas that puddles in the bottom of the crankcase....ur clutch fluid is sealed off from the crank case area and can not get into the crank case...any pics of the hole?

I found the noise I put my blaster in nuetral and pushed it and the noise is coming from the sproket but the bearings are almost brand new if I put oil in and let it idle for a while will it quiet it down?

Did it leak out the gear oil? Depends on how long you rode it if it lost the gear oil because if the gears in the trans get too hot (no oil) they could lose there temper and be trash not to mention bearing failure but thats worse case