racing kart

cdiggity

Aug 26, 2010
peru indiana
so im going to pick up a racing kart on saturday and i think im going to try and start racing this thing. just curious has or does anyone on here ever raced these things and can give me some info and input on these. like are the worth it and so on.

i have done it and it is such a rush but i raced the shifter karts i dont know what your gonna race and all i have to say is you betgter have a fat wallet to maintain these things are expensive as sh*t!

I raced Outlaw Karts for years. Most fun I ever had. Great entertainment & great friendly family folks. Bout the best 4wheel racing bang for the buck, especially for the power to weight ratio. Main costs where the Kart ( of course),travel/motel/food/fuel, top end rebuilds, tires and entry fees. If my reflexes weren't old & beered down I'd still do it...LOL .. the adrenalin rush is better than any drug!

IMHO..If you have the opportunity to race in any organized class...DO IT!...or you'll regret it later.
~~~~~~~
kart.jpg

my uncle races the karts that have like alchoho, converted briggs and the alchohol honda clone class, and i have to say that make shure the kart is weighted evenly or when the revs get high it feels outta control

I raced Outlaw Karts for years. Most fun I ever had. Great entertainment & great friendly family folks. Bout the best 4wheel racing bang for the buck, especially for the power to weight ratio. Main costs where the Kart ( of course),travel/motel/food/fuel, top end rebuilds, tires and entry fees. If my reflexes weren't old & beered down I'd still do it...LOL .. the adrenalin rush is better than any drug!

IMHO..If you have the opportunity to race in any organized class...DO IT!...or you'll regret it later.
~~~~~~~
kart.jpg

holy exhaust pipe otis hahaha

i am going to be getting a just flat track no shifter cart with a alcahol powered briggs flathead engine that has just been redone and he is throwing all i need to race besides the alcahol. i will post some pics when i get it

it will be pretty expensive but its well worth it. i raced and it was one of the most fun things ive ever done. it really gets ur adrenaline pumpin and its fun standing up on a podium looking at all the guys u beat haha. late braking wins races.

we even raced one day when it was snowing lol, and the snow plus the cold track had everyone spinning out on almost every turn hahah.

If you want to get into the sport cleaply, buy a kart and then fit it with a clone motor and enter the clone class. You can change the air filter, main jet, diconnect the governor and thats about it. The inside of the motor has to remain stock to keep the class affordable for new racers. For about $400 you can have a clone motor set up and ready to race so if you can get a kart chassis cheap enough, its really not that expensive.

i am going to be getting a just flat track no shifter cart with a alcahol powered briggs flathead engine that has just been redone and he is throwing all i need to race besides the alcahol. i will post some pics when i get it

sounds exactly like what my iuncle is racing, u need to pick up a alky converted briggs animal, u'll crap urself, lol, just be careful, the tires don't break loose as easy as u think they would on the road, lol, i learned the hard way!

Been racing karts for 15 years, most bang for your buck! animals are fast but were building clone motors just as fast if not a little faster for about half the money you will have in a good built animal, what are u gonna run? dirt oval? thats what we run and its ablast.

i love gokarting , i'd probly still be doing it if there where more tracks where i live ! its VERY VERY dear if your gonna get compitive i mean dear , best place to start off is with a drift klart and start messing about on them then buy a racing kart i had 3 drift karts , loved them ! but they need'd stronger engines!DRIFT KART there 500 new or you can get them for about 200 used

Been racing karts for 15 years, most bang for your buck! animals are fast but were building clone motors just as fast if not a little faster for about half the money you will have in a good built animal, what are u gonna run? dirt oval? thats what we run and its ablast.

yah, them clones are fast man, in took one full throttle thru a subdivision and nearly crapped myself, lol