race ready

newtoyamaha2121

Oct 15, 2012
what would be the chea[est way to turn my blaster in to a ok racing bike. what would be the cheapest but effective way for a harescramble race

Start by letting us know what you already have. But either way:

Suspension and tires first. Extended swingarm and set of shocks would be a great start. Then make surethe bike is in top running condition. Fresh fluids, plug, clean filter etc.

Worry about the engine mods later.

theres a few articles on here if you search, about the best mods for your money, quite a bit can be done relatively cheaply :) but as brandoz said make sure the bike is in top running condition.

well the only thing right now is when im getting on the gas or doing donuts it will lose all power i am waiting on new petcock valve but i got a new spark plug

View My Video

You will notice with this 4th gear donut that the mixture is getting progressivly richer as shown by the increasing smoke.

The cause is I believe that the float is being forced sideways and not shutting off the fuel quick enough, and causing some flooding.

My lad was loosing power just before he was forced to drive out, if the mix had stayed constand he could have possibly shifted to 5th gear and still have kept rotating.

Have you leak tested and plug chopped to confirm your jetting.

Second gear or any gear, a donut is a donut and centrifugal forces are at work on the float.

Again have you done the following.

Have you leak tested and plug chopped to confirm your jetting.

The usual pattern is for folks to drive the daylights out of their Blaster WITHOUT a leak test and plug chop,
blow it up, THEN take the time to learn all about these two simple tests...

Most people don't really want to take the time to learn anything,
they just want to bolt on parts and GO!

Steve

Most people don't really want to take the time to learn anything,
they just want to bolt on parts and GO!

Steve

A lot people never learn and make the same mistakes over and over again and then complain that the parts were the problem.:(

Listen to blaaster and best it will benifit you I learned the hard way after my first rebuild do a leak test and plug chop!!!!!,