Quieting toomey

Any way to quiet down b1 toomey for cheap? Thank you!

you can try repacking it, or even overpacking it,
but it's one of the loudest even from new and not likely to quiet it's bark much.

Do you think dnr is gonna mess with me about it? Iv seen people pulled over for going over decibels

You "could " try a different silencer that has the outlet pointed towards the ground instead of strait out. But as far as a Toomey silencer goes it's probably the loudest. Surely the loudest I've ever used..

Repacking would be the first option though..

it looks freshly packed. I just don't wanna get screwed by dnr while trail riding. nor do I want to impact wildlife too much

it looks freshly packed. I just don't wanna get screwed by dnr while trail riding. nor do I want to impact wildlife too much

better get yourself a stock or FMF Q series silencer then.

Would this hurt power or negate gains? also would I have to change jets because of this new silencer?

Would this hurt power or negate gains? also would I have to change jets because of this new silencer?

you MAY lose a little power but silencer determines very little, besides sound.
the stock silencer does have a cone shaped diverter welded to the end of the baffle tube, that can be cut off with little effect on the sound, but may provide a little better flow, but nothing that should effect jetting.
if anything, less flow will make you richer, not leaner (boom)

ok so my exhaust is stock currently it looks like that baffle you describes bolts on. It fell off during a ride and I haven't attached it. (lazy) So that's already cut out I suppose. So just use stock? or you think an aftermarket would be better? unrelated: do you think the DNR will accept this silencer with the end cut off acceptable as a spark arrestor? it looks like there was nothing in there in the first place. IT DOES HAVE THE US FORESTRY stamp. And thank you for all the help!

Yea but im worried about the decibel level and being screwed by dnr!
basically he takes a mic and measures his decibels. I am in Michigan but they could get me with this tooo!

universal spark arrestors..........http://www.jdscustoms.com/product/spark-arrestor-kit-screen-style-general-use/

it's just a piece of stanless screen, email JD and see if he'll sale just one for 1/2 that price ?

BTW, I know on android phones you can download a decibel meter to measure your sound output, I used it for adding silencers to my bow to test their effectivness. not sure how accurate, I'd guess good, but it worked well to show changes for my use.
just search for sound meter in the android app store.
if you're using apple junk....good luck :)

if you are worried about decimal ratings on a blaster..
which you are, toomey silencer is sooooo small and loud compared to others:)

i once experimented and made the silencer longer,with household material/it made a huge difference:)

it involved a tin can...ghetto:eek:

universal spark arrestors..........http://www.jdscustoms.com/product/spark-arrestor-kit-screen-style-general-use/

it's just a piece of stanless screen, email JD and see if he'll sale just one for 1/2 that price ?

BTW, I know on android phones you can download a decibel meter to measure your sound output, I used it for adding silencers to my bow to test their effectivness. not sure how accurate, I'd guess good, but it worked well to show changes for my use.
just search for sound meter in the android app store.
if you're using apple junk....good luck :)
I actually don't have a smart phone? Whats the difference between that screen and a kitchen sink screen?
I have heard that DNR actually knows what they are doing and if you do not have a forestry approve sticker or stamp you are screwed no matter how much mesh you throw in there! this true?